°°°°Chapter Sixteen°°°°

Chapter Sixteen

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

An hour after Cody left Merry, the Fellowship continued on through Lothlórien. Cody had no one to walk with for Merry was avoiding her, he wasn't even walking with Pippin. She tried to approach Frodo but he acted as if she wasn't there and walked up to Sam. She feared that he had seen her with Merry and thought she loved him.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Pippin had seen everything, from the kiss Merry gave Cody to the turn of Frodo's head. He had never been in love with someone, in fact, he had never taken a liking in any girl before. However, he felt sorry for Cody for she had no one now. She didn't have her parents, who disappeared the night of Bilbo's party, and now she didn't have Merry or Frodo.

Frodo was behind him and was talking quietly to Sam. Pippin stopped in his tracks and dropped back to him.

"Frodo, I need to talk to you." he looked over at Sam and added, "Privately."

"What you can say to Frodo surly you can say to me." Sam almost growled.

"Sam it's okay." Frodo reasured. "What to you want to talk about Pippin?"

Pippin led Frodo to the back of the group, out of earshot.

"Frodo, um, about Cody-" Pippin began.

"I'm not hear here to joke around with this Pippin." Frodo cut him off.

"I'm being serious Frodo, I don't always joke around with things." Frodo looked at him with an, are you serious, face. "Okay, maybe sometimes." he admitted.

"I dont want to talk about this." Frodo began to walk away when Pippin grabbed his arm. He looked down at the firm grasp on his arm but looked back up at Pippin when he began to talk.

"Frodo it's a big misunderstanding."

"How? I saw the whole thing with my own eyes, Cody kissed Merry. She doesn't love me, she loves him."

"But that's just the thing! She never kissed him. He tried to but she turned away."

Frodo stood there for several seconds staring at Pippin. "She never kissed him." he whispered.

"That's what I said."

Frodo whipped his head around and searched for Cody. She was walking with her head down and seemed to be forcing herself to walk. He ran as fast as he could, calling her name. "Cody!"

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Cody heard him calling but didn't turn around. Finally, when he was almost on top of her, she turned around. He gave her hug and swung her around in a circle, picking her up off of her feet. She laughed lightly as she was spun around and smiled the most brilliant smile she had ever given to someone.

When he set her back down she buried her face in his shoulder and cried gently. She had never been so happy in her life.

"I'm so sorry." he whispered in her ear.

"Shush." she said said and grabbed the back of his head. They could have stood like that for a lifetime but it was ruined when Boromir called for them to join the group.

Reluctantly, they broke apart and caught up to the group. She couldn't help but look at Merry as she walked up. He was looking at her with Frodo and had the most pained expression on his face. When he saw that she was looking at him he turned around and trudged on.

At dusk they reached their destination, Galadhrim.

------------Maith go leor (That means Okay in Irish. I learned that today!) so all of you (well, most of you) were on Team Frodo (haha that sounds really funny) so I thought, 'What the heck, why not get them back together?!':) sorry Im tired and when I'm tired I get crazy so that's what all the () are for:) ----------------