Prologue

Prologue

~~~~~~~~~~~~

She sat there all alone watching the other hobbit children play not interested in the game they were playing, tag. She was only there for one reason; to see him. She loved him even if he did not love her in return. Most of the hobbit children did not know what love meant but they thought they did. The boys and girls would hold hands saying they were madly in love, squealing the whole time with their high pitched voices. But that's not what love meant to her. She knew what it was and she loved him more than anything.

Her parents were abusive considering that all hobbits were a happy folk. It was probably because she did not live up to her name; Proudfoot. Her feet were quite small, like a human child's, not big like all hobbits' feet were. She was not given much so she learned to cherish the things she did have. But, she loved the one thing she was not given, Frodo Baggins son of Drogo.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

He did not take an interest in the games either, he would much rather read a book or hide in the forest. The only reason he would play the games was because he knew that she would always be there. He loved her, not in the way the other hobbit children called love but the real kind of love. He knew she did not love him back. She never looked at him when he was looking, the one time he went over to talk to her she grabbed all her stuff and left. He knew it was pointless to fall for someone who did not love you back but he couldn't help it. He loved Cody Proudfoot.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Every time he would look her way or was facing her direction she would advert her eyes so that it didn't look like she was spying on him. The one time he tried to talk to her she was scared that he knew why she always watched him. She didn't want to know what he would say so she grabbed her books and sketch pad and ran into the part of the forest that only she knew about. When she got there she realized that she had dropped the sketch that she had made. She didn't want anyone to see it, especially him. She raced back to the courtyard that the hobbit chirldren were playing in but it was too late. He had seen the picture.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

When she left he noticed that she had dropped something in her hurry to leave. It was a yellowed piece of paper that was crumpled up in some places. He walked over to the paper and to his surprise he saw a reflection of himself. No, it wasn't a reflection, it was a drawing. Everyday she came here to draw him! He knew what this meant! She loved him too. He told himself that the next day he would talk to her and give her the drawing back.

But the next day she wasn't there, or the next day, or the day after that. He never saw her at the courtyard after that day only did he see her at the market or walking with her parents. He kept that drawing with him everyday hoping he would have a chance to give it to her. But that chance never came. He did not know it at the time but he would soon have a chance to give it to her.