°°°°Chapter Six°°°°

Chapter Six

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Cody became more and more confident on Phillip and soon Legolas had her begin riding a black snowflake horse named Konayuki. A month had passed since she had begun riding Konayuki and the Fellowship was preparing to leave soon. Cody was cantering around the arena while Legolas watched from the barn.

"You taught her well." a beautiful voice whispered.

"Well, I learned from the best." he didn't need to see who had spoken to him.

Camiliia stood next to him and watched Cody do serpentines while cantering.

"So is she following the Fellowship or is she taking the horse with them?"

Legolas sighed and said, "Frodo doesn't want her to leave Rivendell so when we leave she will wait three days and then she will follow us. When she reaches us then the horse will return here."

"And how is she supposed to know where you are?" Camiliia asked now turning towards Legolas.

"I'm leaving her signs." he explained.

"Legolas, she is a hobbit, how she supposed to track you down on a horse that is almost double her size?"

Legolas just smiled, turned to her and said, "I remember when you were her size and you rode Dûrion. You rode that horse like he was the size of Phillip. Remember that?"

"That's not the point. She's a hobbit, she's not supposed to be riding horses. Hobbits stay in their holes and don't like being adventurous or riding horses."

"Since when have you known so much about hobbits?"

"You're changing the subject again."

"Am I not allowed to ask questions?" he asked getting closer to Camiliia.

"No, you're not." she said with a smile.

"Okay, then let me say this. I see something in her, she is going to have a big part in this quest. She needs to come with us."

"So can I come along as well? You could use me."

"You have your duties here with your people."

"So do you."

"These are not my people."

With that Legolas drew her closer and gently pulled her head closer to his. Cody had stopped Konayuki and watched Legolas and Camiliia as they went back and forth. She knew what was coming and when he pulled her close Cody buried her face in Konayuki's black and grey mane.

"Don't be rude." she told him, "It's not polite to stare."

Her horse seemed to have understood and he turned his head towards his flank. When she looked back up Camiliia left and Legolas watched her go. Cody hopped off of Konayuki and as she walked towards the gate he followed her like a dog.

Cody led him towards his stall and when the latch was securely shut she made her way towards the tack room. On her way there she bumped into a young elf boy who was only a foot taller than her and was carrying Konayuki's bucket.

"I'm sorry." she said.

"Its okay, I was actually on my way to find you." he replied. He had white, shaggy hair and light blue eyes that were almost white.

"You were looking for me?"

"Yeah, I'm the new stable boy and I was going to groom your horse for you."

"That's not necessary I can brush him myself."

"Oh, okay." he said, he looked sorely disappointed as he handed her the bucket.

"Unless you want to you can brush him."

"Yes! Thank you." and with that he rushed off to groom Konayuki. Cody laughed at the boy's eagerness and carried on her way. She made it to her room right before five o'clock and when she closed the large wooden door the clock began its mournful tolling. On her bed laid three pairs of traveling clothes.

"Right on time." the Fellowship was leaving the very next day. Cody washed up for dinner and changed into a light blue dress that was almost the same color as the elf boy's eyes.

As she walked towards the dinning hall she passed Frodo sitting down on a stone bench reading Bilbo's book. He looked up as she passed but neither of them greeted the other. Cody so badly wanted to join him on the bench but she forced her legs to keep moving towards the dinning hall.

"Cody?" he called gently.

She turned around and said just as gently, "Yes Frodo?"

He hesitated then finally said, "You look nice today."

"Thank you." she barely managed to force out of her mouth. Frodo dipped his head and she continued on her way.

-----------This chapter is dedicated to @mrpenguin1d---------