Chapter 4

Thanks to everyone who is reading and supporting this story! Enjoy a picture of little Duff and a new chapter as a token of my gratitude!
___________________
Six months later

I was sitting in a public school cafeteria for the last time. It was finally graduation day.

I was sitting across from Rosco and Melissa, talking about our post graduation plans. We decided that we were going downtown to see the Green River show tonight, then we'd find the biggest party and get so wasted that we couldn't remember our own names.

Sounds good to me. I was so busy lately that I never had any time to party or let loose.

Oh yeah, after Duff left, my parents had completely dropped off the radar. I looked around for awhile and after calling all the local hospitals every day for two months straight I had made a conscious decision to move on and accept that they were better off without me. But I needed to support myself because cash had diluted fast and my part time job wasn't cutting it. I came up with a pretty crazy plan, but I needed fast money.

I had gotten into selling drugs by getting close with my parents old dealer, Mac. After coming to the house to see where his 'favorite buyers' had run off to, Mac and I had kinda started something, a sort of symbiotic relationship, so to speak. He hooked me up with a job dealing drugs and I kept him from getting lonely.

So essentially, I was a drug dealer all the while maintaining a 4.0 GPA. I also decided that I'd be attending UCLA this upcoming fall.

We do what we have to do.

I went home after school to change into my graduation dress and maybe try to make myself look presentable. I walked inside as Kelly and Anne sat at the kitchen table chatting away. They had moved in a few months ago because they needed a new place and I needed help with the bills. I liked living with them, it was like having the older sisters I had always hoped for.

"Hey, graduation girl is home! Are you excited for tonight, Livvy!" Anne yelled as I walked inside.

"I'm more excited for the after party! You guys are coming to the show, right?"

"Well, actually, we were hoping to go to your graduation too. I mean, look at her, Anne!Our little girl is growing up so fast! It seems like only yesterday she was crawling around in diapers." Kelly nudged Anne's arm, pulling a chuckle from Anne's bright pink grin.

"That would mean a lot to me. It'll be nice to have someone there, as corny as it sounds."

"Definitely not corny, we love you Liv. What time is this thing anyway?" Anne replied.

"It starts at 6 so y'all should probably get your shit together." I screamed as I ran up the stairs to my room.

The walls of my childhood bedroom were a light lavender color, plastered with sketches and letters and random shit hung up with thumbtacks. There was a few scattered boxes on the floor, I had already started to pack for LA.

Kinda funny, Duff only needed to wait 6 more months until we could have left together. He hadn't even bothered to write or call, just as I expected.

I always wondered what he was up to these days. Did he find a band? Did he have a girlfriend? Did he still think about me?

Honestly, with all the craziness in my life lately, I haven't had much time to mope over him. I thought about him time after time and I would get sad, dreaming of what would have been if I had left with him or if he had stayed.

I didn't know where he was and I would probably never see him again.

I slipped on the deep red dress that I had decided to wear to graduation. It was hotter than hell outside so I pinned my hair up into a half up look and added some darker eyeshadow to the makeup I already had on. I looked pretty damn good, not to toot my own horn or anything.