Chapter 10

I woke up to the sound of loud footsteps and clanking dishes.

I slowly opened my eyes, not really remembering where I was. I tried to get up, but I was so hungover that I just threw myself back down on the couch with an exasperated sigh of despair. I clenched my eyes shut, trying to flush away the dwelling headache and grogginess.

Whoever was in the kitchen had started to walk towards me. I didn't pay much attention to who was coming until I felt someone sit on the couch by my feet and whisper "good morning."

I peeled open an eye, only to be welcomed by a jolt of red hair. Axl.

He was holding a bottle of aspirin and a mug of black coffee.

"Here, sleepyhead. Take a couple of those and chug down the coffee. That should put a bit of jump back in your step." His smile was bright despite the heavy drinking he had done last night.

He had drunken at least twice as much as I had and yet he was totally fine. I began to regain my senses and slowly sat myself upright.

"Why the hell are you so happy-go-lucky?"

He laughed at my statement.

"I guess after awhile of partying, I became sorta immune to this shit."

"If only we were all so lucky." I tried to crack a smile.

"We're the only ones up, so if you're feeling it, we should make everyone some breakfast."

"Alright, sounds like a plan."

I got up slowly, empty coffee cup in hand. So I guess this was Axl's house. He led me to the kitchen and we started gathering ingredients for pancakes. It brought me back to my childhood when I'd wake up early to help my dad make a huge breakfast. It had been quite some time since I was able to find comfort in a moment like this.

Kinda unusual considering I had coked up sex with this guy in a bathroom less than 24 hours ago.

It didn't take long before people started rolling into the kitchen. Josie and Steven came in along with Ben and some other girl. A few other people who must have passed out on the floor somewhere came in for some food too.

Axl and I made light conversation while cranking out pancake after pancake, talking like old friends who hadn't seen each other in years. I'd occasionally catch myself staring at him for a long second, becoming distracted by his bright eyes.

Meanwhile, Im sure I looked like a zombie out of night of the living dead.

The kitchen was buzzing with familiar faces from last night. I still didn't really know who was who but I noticed that a particular face was missing from the group.

"Hey, Axl?" I asked, breaking his focus from the dishes he was washing.

"What's up?"

"I was just curious, who here is part of your band?"

That question wasn't just me playing dumb. Other than Steven, Axl, and Duff I hadn't met the other Guns 'n Roses members yet.

"Well, over there, talking to Josie is Steven 'Popcorn' Adler."

He pointed to the ever-smiling blonde who was looking at Josie adoringly. They were cute together, I hoped they would last.

"On the couch are Izzy Stradlin and Slash."

He pointed out a skinny, dark haired guy and sitting next to him was a man engulfed by hair to the point that his face wasn't visible.

"And Duff McKagan seems to be M.I.A. but if you see a tall blonde with a gallon of vodka, that's probably him!" Axl laughed and I forced out a giggle too.

Just the mention of his name made my heart sink.

We finished off the never ending bowl of pancake batter before sitting down to eat with everyone else. We were in the midst of a conversation about an upcoming gig at a club called the Rainbow when the front door opened and slammed shut.

------
Above is a picture of what I'd imagine the house to look like. Thanks for reading!

Come A Little Closer (A Duff Mckagan Fan Fic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें