Chapter 14

We walked over to the Whiskey, the place already buzzing with people. We were too young to actually drink at the bar, but Ben came through, pulling a flask from the back pocket of his skin tight jeans. We all took a swig of what tasted like vodka before trying to push our way as far to the front as possible.

The club was filled with the sound of loud talking and Kiss's "Hotter Than Hell". We were pretty close to the front when I spotted a familiar blonde head of curls waving to me.

"Liv! Oh my god, so good to see you!" Jess, the girl from the taxi a week ago, pushed her way through a group of people and approached Ben, Josie and I.

From the corner of my eye I could see Ben's jaw drop. Looks like somebody's got a bit of a crush!

"Hey Jess! Sorry for not calling you, i've been incredibly busy this past week and it totally slipped my mind."

"Oh, it's no big deal." She said while batting her long eyelashes in Ben's direction, definately aware of his gawking.

"Whose this stud?" Jess pointed one of her tanned fingers in Ben's direction, nearly sending him into a coma.

He got a look on his face like he had just won the lottery. Josie got a kick out of this, snickering under her breath.

"Uh, I'm....um Ben!" He managed to croak out.

"Wanna dance?" Jess asked Ben and he nodded his head so fast you'd think it'd be ready to fly off his shoulders.

"Safe to say we wouldnt be seeing much of him tonight. Good thing I got this!" Josie raised her hand to reveal the flask, causing me to break a smile despite my overwhelming nerves.

I took the flask from Josie just as the show began, chugging down a good mouthful.

Axl strutted out on the stage first. He introduced his fellow bandmates one by one.

"...we're Guns 'n Roses! And do you know where you are?"

The crowd roared in response.

"Thats right! You're in the jungle baby!" He shouted before setting out into the band's first song

Josie and I were right in the middle of the pit, taking it all in. It didnt take too long before I lost sight of her, but I didn't care. I was astounded by how good they were. Guns definately wasn't your typical L.A. hair band, thats for sure.

I couldn't see the stage over the massive heads of teased hair, but Axl's voice was so strong that I had no trouble getting into it. They played for about an hour and I was left feeling a strange sense of excitement deep in my bones. The adrenaline was pumping through my veins, pulling away the nerves like a strong current.

Once the show ended, a portion of the crowd had left and many had wandered to the bar, which made spotting Josie pretty easy.

"Ready to go find Stevie and the boys?" She asked with a radiating smile.

"As ready as i'll ever be." I said before grabbing her hand as we made our way backstage.

Josie handed me the flask as I downed what was left of the vodka, having a bit of a buzz going. It didn't take too long for us to spot Steven, his big, blonde head sticking out in the crowd.

"Hey Josie and roadrunner! Whats up?" He said with one of his signature grins, poking fun at the dissappearing act I did a few days ago.

"Ha ha, very funny." I folded my arms over my chest in fake anger as Josie wrapped her arms around Steven's neck in an embrace that quickly led to a full blown makeout session.

"Ew, in that case, i'll see you later!" I walked further down the hall over to an open door that had the sound of laughter and the Rolling Stones pouring out of it, so I assumed thats where everyone was.

The room had the remaining members of Guns, as well as quite a few roadies and girls that looked like they could be models. I instantly felt a hit to my confidence and started to back away from the door, my nerve beginning to fade.

That was when Slash, the man who I remembered to be the guitarist with the big hair, looked up pointed over to me.

"Hey, look, its that girl!" He said with a drunken smile.

Axl and Izzy looked up next.

"Liv? Hey, never though i'd see you again." Axl flashed a bright smile.

The mention of my name caused Duff to shoot his head up, breaking his concentration from the bass he was fiddeling with. A second later he shot his head back down, pretending not to care. Stubborn bastard.

"Hey, uh, Axl, I actually came to apologize for that crappy stunt I pulled. I-"

"Its no big deal, beautiful! Sit, have a drink with me!" He patted the seat next to him on the sofa, making a few girls shoot daggers in my direction.

Guess I ruined their shot at being Axl Rose's pick of the night. Oops!

With that little thought, I immediately reminded myself that I wasn't there to sleep with him, simply to apologize for acting like a twat.

He put one hand on my thigh and the other under my chin, directing my face to look at him.

"Did you have a good time watching us play?" He asked in a low voice, making my heart jump up my throat.

Focus, Liv! Focus!

"Listen-I don't want to give you the wrong idea. I'm not really looking for anything like that right now and i'm sorry if I led you to believe so that night at the party but I-"

"That cool! Not a problem!" He immideately backed off and thats when I noticed Duff glaring in Axl's direction, practically shooting lasers from his head!