Chapter 17

The months flew by and it seemed like things only got better.

Ever since that Guns concert, Ben and Jess have been practically inseparable. Ben dropped out of college after being accepted to a prestigious cosmetology program and he plans to open his own salon.

Josie and Steven have been going strong for quite awhile. Josie was majoring in business but promptly switched her major upon the realization that she was born to be an artist and that now that she left home, her art was no longer stifled by her parents' "conservative bullshit."

The boys in Guns 'n Roses have become like family to me. Slash, Izzy, Steven, and Axl are the craziest people I have ever had the joy of acquainting. We've gotten in quite the load of trouble and we've all become terribly close. Axl got over his little crush pretty quick after that night that I put him in his place, but at times he made it pretty clear that he was a bit jealous over the relationship between Duff and I.

Speaking of Duff and I, things have gotten quite better and it feels like nothing had ever changed. Of course, it took a bunch of time and petty arguments to get to this point, but at the end of the day, he was my best friend.

However, a little piece of me way way WAY down inside had always hoped that we'd be more than that.

I was just getting ready to clock out of my secretary job at the law firm when the phone buzzed. Of course there was that one person who had to call right as we were closing.

"Hello, E.V. law offices, this is Liv James speaking."

"Liv! Hey, man, i'm so glad it was you that picked up!" Duff's voice flowed

through the receiver.

"Question, are you trying to get me fired? What did I tell you about making random calls! If I get caught, I'm dead!"

"Chill out! Its the end of the day anyways, I bet its just you and a couple other boring day job people waiting to close, anyways. I don't think anyones gonna hunt you down for one little call." He added a chuckle at the end, making me feel a bit less tense.

"What do you want, anyways. I really wanna get out of here soon."

"Well, little miss crabby pants, we wanted to know if you were actually coming to our gig tonight! Its been awhile, ya know, you've been all busy with your nerdy school and work crap and we miss you."

"I'm flattered that my presence is missed. Actually, yeah, i'll be there. Its at the Rainbow, right?"

"Yeah, be there or be square!"

"Geez, you're corny as shit. I've gotta go before you get me in trouble."

"Goodbye, nerd!"

"See ya, loser!"

With that I hung up the phone and gathered the last of the papers I was working on. It would all still be here on Monday and to tell ya the truth, I was sick and tired of the constant work.

Duff was right, between the studying and working, I had no free time to do anything. I was just so dead set on becoming a lawyer that I totally forgot that it was normal to have a social life.

I grabbed my purse from the back of my chair, clocked out and practically ran out of the building, my skin soaking up the bright L.A. sun. I hailed a cab and made my way into the dorm building, passing Josie on the way in.

"Hey there, working girl! Are you actually going to come out with us tonight? We all miss you, especially Duff." She wiggled her eyebrows jokingly with a large smile plastered on her face.

She was convinced that we had a thing for each other and that it was only a matter of time before we hooked up.

She was like a damn mind reader.

"Yeah, he called me at work right before I left to tell me. Wanna come up and get ready with me?" I asked.

"Only if I get to borrow your black wedges, they're my favorites!" She explained as we walked over to the elevators and went up to my dorm.