3

As far as Fridays go, today was probably the worst in my entire life. In the morning, on my way to school, I walked straight into some guy who looked about my age, he'd got really pissed and called me a bitch. Then, I had a first period of double science, where we had a supply teacher, so as per usual, Devonte and his friends took advantage of this and messed around for the whole lesson. Whether it was playing music with so much swear words in it, a catholic girl called Greta almost fainted of shock, or simply tiring out the teacher into actually walking out of the class in tears. So that wasted two hours of education. Then I had P.E. And it was today that Ms Benson chose to mix us with the boys, so all that really went down was Esme and her friends, tying up their tops just beneath their breast and bending over with any chance they had to show their asses off.

And to make the day even worst than it already was, Esme deliberately 'by accident', as she puts it, spilt Ribena all over my school shirt and my course work at lunch. So I had gotten a detention for handing in soaked homework and spent the rest of my day with a drenched T-shirt. I mean, you could even make out part of my bra through the top. So now that I think about it. I guess that was the only reason boys in class were actually speaking to me for once, Kevin even wanted to be my revision partner.

On my way home at 5 pm, I had to walk bending low and with my hands crossed upon my chest, which was proving to be to tiring, seeing as my bag kept on slipping off of my shoulder. And it was just my luck that I bump into who, but Robbie.

God, I can't want to glo up.

He had walked past with a couple of boys in the year above who usually hang around behind the blocks and rarely ever turned up at school. But when Robbie saw me, he did that backward nod and smiled.

At first I simply couldn't believe it, so I turned around to make sure he was actually smiling at me before I smiled back. I could've sworn my heart skipped a beat at that second. His dimple could make a lesbian straight. He was just so... my God, Malorie-Jane behave!

Immediately I'd set foot in the house, the first thing I saw was Mum's red high-heels at the doorway of the living room.

This was a huge surprise seeing as she would usually get home really late. Especially on a Friday, when the shop she owned would have been at its busiest around this time.

I really didn't want to have any sort of conversation with Mum at this moment, I just wanted to get up the stairs and make love with my bed. I was just about to sneak up the stairs without her knowing, till she walked out of the living room.

Her eyes scanned over me with a curious yet surprised expression.

 "Oh, Mal, I didn't even hear you enter, and why are you so late home today, it's almost six?" She questioned almost immediately. See this is why I avoid all talk and contact with my mum. She's always asking all these questions, making statements, assuming.

"I was at the library mum getting some work done." I said quickly in the hope that she wouldn't know I was lying.

"Hmm, well you should've called and told me about this, you know it's getting dark early these days." She looked out of the window as if to emphasise her point, and she was right.

I walked up to her and swung my arms across her shoulders.

"Well, I'm home now, aren't I? Don't worry about me." I sent