13

Baby girl, you're so damn fine though

I'm trynna know if I could hit it from behind though

I'm sipping on you like some fine wine though

And when it's over, I press rewind though

I looked with a straight face at Nathan as he tried to cheer me up from the sour mood I had been in all week. He was rapping Fetty Wap and was getting way too into it. I tried my hardest to suppress my laughter.

"I'm like yeaaah she's fine."

Thats when I lost it. His vocals were so painful to listen to.

"I'm not tryna loose my hearing at 15 you know." I said mid laughter, he disregarded my comment and went on singing anyway.
The sun beamed into my bedroom and I squinted my eyes.
Good thing mum had started doing her Saturday shifts again, or she would've joined in too.

"At least you're grinning." Nathan pressed his finger into my cheeks and slumped beside me on the bean bag.

I mentally slapped myself for even opening the front door when he knocked, knowing what was coming next with his constant interrogations .

"Why you so moody man?"

"I already told you, I'm on my period." I lied, pursing my lips together. I knew too well that my cousin could read me like a book.

"Whys your menstrual cycle doing lean and bop please" he sniggered. "You said you were on two weeks ago aswell?"

There was no convincing him. I just had to let him know so that he'd be off my chest.

"okay..." I sat up and crossed my legs so I was looking directly at him. "I'm upset because..."
Was I really going to explain the situation to him? The same Nathan who has his heart set on beating up Devonte?
He knew too little about what was really going on and I couldn't be bothered with explaining myself.,

He waved his hands to infer me to go on.

"Oh erm, Because I want to go to Dad's wedding and Mum wouldn't let me."

I blame Hazel. Before knowing her, I could never lie so easily.

His eyes softened and his lips came apart. I'd always known Nathan to be gullible.

"Seriously?"

I nodded repeatedly.

He stroked his facial hair, forcefully presenting that he was deep in thought. I peered on for his reaction.

"So if I somehow convince her to let you go, you'll be happy?"

"Yes!"

I didn't know how good an actor I was till then. 

"Okay, consider it done innit."

To make the whole facade believable, I briefly leaned in and hugged him melodramatically.

"You're the best cousin ever, you know that?"

"I'm your only cousin, idiot."

I laughed "Yeh, whatever."

We watched a movie afterwards, it was easy to be happy around Nathan because he took my mind off what was happening outside my family life. And he didn't pester me about things as much.

"Can't believe you don't want a party, you're actually dumb, your yard is proper nice aswell."

I rolled by eyes playfully and played with my phone. "Well you know me well enough to know I wouldn't have a party in a million years, so the fact that you're questioning me is nuts."