5

''Malorie!'' Mum ran into the living with a massive grin on her face.

I sent one back before getting up from the sofa where I had been hibernating on all day, to bury my face in her shoulder. 

She drew the curtains apart, letting in the bright  light. My eyes squinted from the sun as I watch her enter the kitchen, with her red bottom heels clacking at the tiled flooring.

''Hi, mum.''

''Hey big head, how are you?'' she joked, pouring her self and I glass of juice.

''Yep.'' shot my thumbs at her. With a small grin. I sunk deeper into the fabric sofa and pulled my sleeves all the way down to my knuckles.

''I called the Headteacher today, told them about your cold and stuff, and they said you can have the rest of the week off.'' she went on.

Most teenage girls, after receiving this kind of news, would be jumping for joy. Oh, but not me. I was really worried about missing classes, seeing as every single piece of information was vital around these 'exam' times.

Although there was a sense of joy for a whole week off, my joy was only complete when mum also told me that my teachers have sent me some exam practice work in the post so its all good.

''Thanks mum.'' I smiled as she handed me my glass of juice, I swished the liquid in the glass for a couple of seconds before gulping it all down.

She kicked off her heels and joined me under the blanket , holding my waists with her arms.

''So how was work ?'' I asked, trying to sound interested in her financial life.

''Hummmm, it was okay, just the usual. Just had to survive nine hours of absolute bitchiness from those idiots.''

I giggled at her screw face and sunk deeper into her arms.

"Enough about me, how you feeling?''

''I'm fine mum, for the hundredth time!'' I rolled my eyes playfully at her over protectiveness.

''Jheez, cant blame me for being your mum, just asking mate''

''Okay mum, sorry, i'm fine.'' I pecked her on the cheek and gave her a huge goofy grin just to make her laugh.

''Oh Yh!" she snapped out of her trance. ''I've got something for you!''

I gave her a curious look. ''Really? What??''

''Okay, don't get too excited.'' She said running out of the living room before reentering with a white shopping bag.

I was overly excited now, so I sat up on the sofa and watched as she pulled out a massive pack of Kitkat chunkys

I smiled at her and stretched over to grab it from her. "Oh My God,finally something I actually want!''

She grinned at her success and wiped invisible tears from her eyes melodramatically ''I know,I got it right for once''

''Yeah, you did.'' I said, hugging onto it. ''Thanks a lot mum.'