Chapter 3: Of the Sun that Swallowed a Thorn

There was a soft and chill wind that day and for Jongwoo, it was perfect. He decided to go out, take a nice, long walk, maybe go visit Jieun and go eat to a restaurant, or go to the cinema...The possibilities for today were so many, today would be a good day, he could feel it!

He woke up with a big smile, stretching his limbs. He had planned yesterday to write a little, but he wasn't in the mood to write about murder. He wanted to have a good, nice day!

He went to take a shower, cheerful, he even ignored the tenant from 313 and his stupid comments, and this time didn't accept the tea the landlady offered it for him.

"I will have some with my girlfriend today, but thank you so much!" he said, with a soft smile.

"Aaah, seems like a perfect day for a date, huh? Good, good! Yong people should go and have fun! Oh, maybe these will come in handy!"

Maybe today was a very, VERY good day! He watched as landlady disappeared to search for something. He took that moment to observe the studio with a closer look. Just because today is a good day, Jongwoo repeated for himself, if it wasn't a good day, then I wouldn't even want to leak at this rat hole.

He observed the kitchen-dining room, the quiet solitaire table with a few chairs that looked too old to even support a feather. How many stories would that room tell if the walls talked? How many people had dined there? So many questions and stories, and he wanted to know them. This place might be hell, but it sure did looked interesting. Somehow, this place pushed him to want to write all kind of bizarre things. He also saw a few photos and paintings hanging. One particular picture caught his attention, it was a group of kids and a woman besides a man. They all looked very serious, the kids with a gloomy expression. One of them outstood more than the others.

Wait. He knew those eyes. Wasn't he-?

"Here they are! I won them as a prize in a draw on the street, but I won't use it. Maybe you can give them better use? I bet your cute girlfriend will love you more if yu take her here", she said, smiling as she handed him two pieces of paper with bright colors.

"Coupons? For a tea shop? Woah, thank you so much ma'am! I will use them for sure!"
"Good, good! Have a nice day then, eh? Go on, don't let me stop you! This old lady has to do other things!"

Jongwoo watched as she left, singing some kind of old rhyme. He just smiled and out the coupons on his wallet, smiling happy and getting ready to leave, sending a text to Jieun. He smiled even more when she answered right away a yes.

Jongwoo was just so thrilled! He had seen the name of that tea shop before, Jieun had talked about it one day over the phone after work, and he could remember how much she seemed to enjoy drinking it, but her wallet didn't do the same. This will be a good day, for sure, and he couldn't wait to see what it had in store for him!

[xoxoxo_oxoxox]

This day wasn't perfect at all.

It started as such a good day, him and Jieun decided to go to the mall and have a walk around before going to the tea shop. But, he didn't know if it was causality or bad luck he wasn't sure anymore, Jaego had appeared. He had seen him first, leaning on the wall while browsing through his phone. At first it looked normal, so he kept walking, but then he turned a bit again and saw him coming towards them quickly, and then Jongwoo frowned. Was this causality?

"Hey Jongwoo! Didn't know you would come to this mall! And with Jieun, even better! I was just taking a walk around to buy a gift for my mom when I saw you!"
"Really? That's very nice," Jongwoo said, trying to keep the smile pasted on his mouth. She smiled.