WildPanda - Shoulder to Cry On

This is yet again another request :) Thank you to anonymous for requesting this story.

Tyler's POV

I can't believe it. I swear I'm dreaming. Please tell me I'm dreaming. I want to be dreaming.

But I'm not.

I caught my girlfriend of five years cheating on me. Well, not "caught", she outright told me then broke up with me. It all happened so fast, literally, she told me when I got home and found some things missing. She had packed and was ready to move so fucking quick.

I don't understand, I mean, we were so close, so in love, we even talked about getting married and having kids soon. I guess all of that was a lie.

I know I should be sad, destroyed, but all I feel is regret and anger. Angry towards her, angry towards myself, regretting the relationship, wondering why I didn't catch it.

I just need to get my mind off of these things.

I reach for my phone, which is on the other side of the couch after I threw in frustration earlier, and search through my contacts.

Marcel? No, too far away, Isn't he in England anyway? Whatever.

Scotty? No, he doesn't even live in Florida anymore.

Anthony? ...He lives the closest out of my closest friends...

I click his name and his contact pops up and my phone starts ringing. I manage a smile at his contact photo, it was a picture from the latest pax we all went to and he and I took a slightly... mostly drunk selfie with a stuffed minion that Matt (Blarg) had won at Dave & Buster's.

It's nice to see something so welcoming and happy.

"Hello? What's up, man?" I hear Anthony answer, the small smile that had placed itself on my lips earlier instantly left, the feeling of regret and a tinge of sadness weighing down on me again. "Tyler? You there, man?"

"Yeah," I let out, shakily, feeling tears start to sting my eyes. My breath was no longer steady, but now jagged and uneven.

"Ty? You good? Need to talk about something?" His concern sent relief but also more guilt through my mind. I don't want to bother him, but I shouldn't be left alone, I need someone to vent to.

"Uh, yeah, oh god where do I start?" I mumble, not confident in my voice or diction. "I just- I don't know what to do. Kelly cheated on me and moved out and... yeah. That's where I'm at right now."

There was a hesitant pause. "...I'm coming over, don't do anything, just... Jesus, man, I'm so sorry."

We talk for a few more minutes; all those negative thoughts and feelings I had earlier started to melt away at his calm voice as he was packing his stuff.

Yeah, I was right, I do need this.

-Next Day, Around 14:00-

I'm just sitting on the couch in the silence of the living room, the air felt heavy and I realised the strong urge to leave. I don't want to be here anymore. Not in this house.

I'm brought back to Earth by a knock on my door and the barking of my dog, Archie, Kelly took Kino.

I slowly get up, not having much motivation to do anything but a small bubble of excitement and another emotion settled in my stomach. I open the door to see a slightly concerned panda whose semi-sad expression melted a bit at the sight of a familiar and overzealous dog.

"Hey, poochie," I hear him quietly squeal, bending down with a wide smile to welcome the slobbery kisses. After properly saying 'hello' to Archie he stands up and looks me dead in the eyes with a serious look that was strange considering he was just smiling. We stood there for what felt like forever, even though it was probably only a few seconds. "Come here, man." He finally said, holding his arms out.

With no hesitation I accept his hug, his hugs were always the best; warm and welcoming paired with the smallest nuzzle to your shoulder to show he cared.

And he did just that, though it was always a little awkward with me because I had to lean down due to the height difference, that's what makes them even better in my opinion.

We stay there, embracing in my doorway, his chin resting on my shoulder as I nuzzle my face into his collarbone. Suddenly all the negative feelings of regret, sadness, and numbness settle heavily in my chest and tears start to sting my eyes.

We pull away when I take a deep, shaky breath. He gives me a sympathetic smile and we quietly walk to my living room. It wasn't a depressing or awkward silence though, it was surprisingly comforting. Anthony always has that effect, a room could be super tense with group drama and instantly dissipate when he walks in, whether it's his lack of concern or just him wanting to relieve tension, it always works. Especially now.

We sit down on the couch and face each other, the tears falling freely and silently down my face. I don't care, I need to cry. I gently lean my head against his shoulder and he snuffles himself closer so we aren't uncomfortable.

All the heaviness in my chest finally started to dissolve with the tears now steadily streaming down my face and soaking Anthony's shirt, though I don't think he minds.

Anthony's POV

Tyler has finally cried himself to sleep on my shoulder, he needs rest, he's had a rough couple of days.

I feel him nuzzle closer in his sleep, by now we're practically cuddling, but I don't care. I gently, after making sure he was completely asleep, kissed his head and wrapped my arm around his shoulder.

He didn't deserve this. Tyler has been nothing but amazing and kind, and to see someone he trusted so much betray him hurts.

I know I'm probably a little biased in my thoughts, but that's not the point.

I hope this means new beginnings, I know he probably won't want to stay in this house anymore, I'm hoping he'll take my offer to stay with me. And no, not just because I like him, he needs a new start, or well, a new environment. A happier environment. Not one that's full of sour memories that can replay in his mind. I'm sure our dogs would get along alright. And maybe, if he wants, it could become a loving home, too.

I feel him shift next to me and see he's starting to wake up, I smile at him.

Tyler's POV

I wake up still snuggled against Anthony's side, his arm around me. I look up and see him smiling at me. I feel a weird flutter like thing in my stomach.

"Hey, I think you should stay with me for now, get out of this house, somewhere new," he was quick to whisper, looking almost nervous when giving his proposition. I just smile at him, giving him a small nod while my head is still on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I think that might be good," I say quietly, and we quickly fall into a comfortable silence. I don't remove myself from his shoulder even after he turns on the tv. 

We stay cuddled up for the rest of the day, quietly watching movies, occasionally making little jokes and laughing, even Archie joined our cuddle session.

Yeah, everything was going to be alright.

A/N: Alright, finally back to writing, and a request at that! Thank you for requesting and I hope ye enjoyed :)