Daithidewildcat - Blind

Soulmate AU

AU: you are colourblind until you touch your soulmate for the first time.

David never had many friends, after all, no one wanted to hang out with someone who couldn't see them back, so David only had two, his roommate and their soulmate. Now, it's not like David didn't like Evan and Jon, but he always felt bad when they had to help him with everyday life. Being alone didn't do David any good mentally either, he'd get depression spells and shut himself in his room, desperately trying not to ask for anything too major from the couple.

Today was one of those days, and as usual, David is shut in his room, quietly listening to music. But today was a little different in the sense that Evan noticed something was different with David, and it wasn't good.

"Should we help him?" Jon suggested quietly to Evan as Evan continued to pace around the living room, worried about his long time friend and roommate. "Maybe find out what made him upset? He'll talk to you."

Evan stopped pacing for a second, contemplating his boyfriend's suggestion. "Maybe." He finally sighed and sat down next Jon, who engulfed him into a reassuring hug. "Should I now or..."

"Now. If you wait til later he'll have time to think."

Evan got up off the couch and quietly crept towards his best friend's room.

David was completely unaware, just laying down, closing his eyes even though he didn't need to, just trying to focus on the melody. Well, that is until a soft knock sounded at his door.

"Come in," he said quietly, still laying down with closed eyes. His Irish accent heavier than normal due to exhaustion from not sleeping, his brain deciding to be too active during the night.

"Hey man, you doing alright?" Evan asked quietly, slowly making his way into David's room and to his bed after closing the door. "Can I sit?"

David nodded and sat up against his headboard, not bothering to look up from his lap. "What did you want to talk about Ev?" He asked after feeling a weight next to him on his bed.

"You just seemed down and I- Jon and I want to know how to fix it." Evan gently set his hand on David's knee, causing him to slightly jump at the sudden contact.

"It was nothing, I was just thinking."

"In the six years we've lived together have you even been able to lie to me?"

"Sorry. I was just feeling insecure and kinda depressed about not having friends. Not that I don't like you or Jon! I love you guys! It'd just be nice to have options, you know?" David started to freak out a little at his word choices.

Evan chuckled. "You know I can help you with that, right? I have a small group of friends online and we always hangout on discord for hours! You can join if you want, they have always been curious about you!" Evan said happily, slightly jumping up and down in the bed. Evan especially got excited when he saw David's face light up a bit more.

"Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Of course! I'll get you on tonight with everyone, and you don't have to have the face cam on if you don't want to."

David hadn't smiled so wide in years.

~

"Are you ready?" Evan asked quietly as he set up discord for David and brought him into the call with Jon. "I promise they'll love you."

David just smiled and nodded, a little scared, he was finally getting friends, well hopefully. He put his headphones on and made sure the mic he got from Evan was right in front of him. He was thankful Evan didn't make him turn on the camera. He was also thankful that both Jon and Evan promised they wouldn't tell anyone he was blind and let him explain it himself whenever he felt comfortable doing so.