9

Location: Uber
Time: Unknown

Q'anna

I sit in the back of the Uber and pull my mask up. I can't believe that just happened to me. This is what I get for ignoring people.

"𝑄'𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑎?"

"𝐻𝑚𝑚𝑚?"

"𝐴𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦? 𝐷𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑎 ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑙?"

My Uber driver looks at me in the rear view mirror. I shake my head no. I really just need to get to the gym so I can call somebody.

She nods still with a worried look on her face. I turn and look out the window and close my eyes after a few minutes.

The music that was playing in the car became a little louder as the volume was being adjusted. I couldn't make out the song because I was thinking about so much.

I know it's going to be a little ride to the gym, so after a few minutes of over thinking I take a little nap.

*35 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟*

I thank my Uber driver and assure her I'll be okay. I watch her drive off and take a moment before I walk inside the gym.

"𝐻𝑒𝑦 𝑄! 𝐻𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑛𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒?"

I plaster on a smile at my trainer Vicky. "𝐻𝑒𝑦 𝑉𝑖𝑐 𝑖𝑚 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑏𝑢𝑠𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑎𝑡"

She smiles. "𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑚 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙, 𝑖𝑚 𝑔𝑙𝑎𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙, 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑑?"

I nod and follow her into the private area of where me and her practice. I try to tune out the altercation from earlier so I can focus and meet my goal for today.

____________________________________

"𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑄 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑓𝑒𝑤 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑒!"

I grab the weights and make sure I'm gripping it correctly so I can finish this last and final set strong.

I sick one leg forward getting reading in the lunge position. I start and alternate my legs and I hold the weights up with both my arms straight out.

"𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒..... 𝑇𝑤𝑜.....𝑂𝑛𝑒... 𝐴𝑙𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑗𝑜𝑏 𝑄! 𝑁𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑐𝑢𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑔𝑙𝑢𝑡𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒"

"𝐴𝑙𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑉𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑦 𝑖 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠"

"𝑂𝑓 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒 𝑄!"

"𝐻𝑒𝑦 𝑖 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑖 𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑝ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑖 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑦𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑦". I lied. I didn't want her to know what happened earlier.