014

irl

"HEY GUYS!" nai greeted the group of friends with a beaming smile on her face. "thanks so much for coming!" "of course, babe. happy birthday!"

walking into larray's house, everyone wished nai a 'happy birthday' and gave her a hug, expect for (you guessed it) vinnie.

the main living room was crowded, but there weren't too many people. there sat nai's normal crowd, a few tiktokers and some people that vic and the others had never met before.

it was clear that everyone was surprised to see vinnie walk into the room. the boy stood awkwardly behind vic with his hands in his pockets.

"are we the last ones here?" vic asked nai, the question that had been on most of the group's mind. give or take, there were about 18 people in the room, including the 6 them.

"what — no, oh no," nai giggled, "we're still waiting for a few more people." she gestured for the group to roam around the living room and talk with others, while she went to go open the door for the last two people to arrive.

"hey, bitches!" larray ran up to the friends and told them all to wait a few minutes before he announced what the big 'party' plan was.

"so, do you know what's supposed to happen now, mr. ex boyfriend?" vic leaned back onto vinnie's chest and whispered for only him to hear.
"honestly? i have no idea," vinnie whispered back, somehow sending chills down her spine.

larray then cleared his throat. the room went quiet as he stood up on a chair and clapped his hands together. "thank you guys so much for coming to nai's 20th birthday party!" everyone cheered.

"so, knowing me, and knowing that i was in charge of planning this," — larray beamed — , "y'all better mother fucking know this ain't like any other party!" vinnie, vic and pretty much the entire group gave each other a glance.

"basically —" "just get to the point already!" mario yelled, making people laugh. larray rolled his eyes jokingly, but went on.

"back to what i was saying — basically, the plan for tonight is... we're going to be watching nai's youtube videos! and reacting to them, for another youtube video!" the room filled with 'ooo's and cheers, while the group gave each other another look.

"is this even an actual party?" nick mumbled, disappointed. only the five others were able to hear. they knew they were all thinking about the same thing, right now.

vic thought, nai's my friend though. she wouldn't use us for 'clout', right? although, shit like this has happened before, the current situation made it clearer than ever.

people would invite them, or sometimes just vinnie and vic, to their parties or events etc, to show that two of the 'top' influencers had made an appearance. which would create buzz, more advertisement, click bait, etc.

now, this wasn't new to the group. but it was the fact that vic didn't know if nai invited them because they were actually friends or if her intentions were just to get them featured in her video for more attention.

no one seemed to like the idea of being apart of this 'youtube video'. though couldn't care less since they were all already there and simply planned on staying lowkey during the filming.