💜Chapter 1: Interview🧡

"Okay, everything is unpacked, and it's mostly set out..." Karl was talking to himself after he unloaded his stuff.

His house was smaller that usual, but comfortable. The kitchen was a light marble with birch cabinets, an oven with stove, microwave, and a black fridge. The living room had a grayish couch with a pullout bed and a love seat. The bathroom was also smaller, but had everything to fit his needs. He would need a job soon to keep paying it all.

An idea struck, "I can call Hannah to see if the castle is hiring, she might can squeeze me in!" He thought.
Karl called his sister and she picked up with a "Hey Kar, whatcha need?"

"Hey sis, I was wondering if the castle was hiring soon..."

"Yes, we are! We need a cook for the prince at the moment. Is that ok?"

"Yeah sounds good!"

"Alright! Interviewing is in 20 minutes just about. Wait outside Interview Room 3 and I'll get you from there."

"Okay, be there soon! Bye Hannah."

"Bye Kar."

He hung up with a smile. Yes! Already getting a job! he thought to himself, Now I have got to look presentable. Karl walked into his bedroom and combed his hair, and brushed his teeth.

Later~
The castle was bustling with people left and right, some in maid and butler outfits, some with fancier clothes, and some average looking. Karl pushed his way through, sitting the waiting area outside of Interview Room 3. A group of women and some men also waiting, we're huddled up whispering about how handsome the prince was.

One young man, about 5'9 with messy brown hair and a blue T-shirt walked over to Karl with a clipboard tallying things from the castle.

"Hey, I'm George, you?"

"Karl. Nice to meet you."

"You too, I'm taking a break and noticed you. Aren't you Hannah's brother?"

"I am actually, interviewing for a kitchen spot. I just moved here."

"Hm. Your going for cooking the prince's meal job, huh? You aren't gonna join in with the simps over there talking about him?"

"Nah, I've never even seen him really. Also someone is waving for you over there."

George turned, "Ah it's the Head Chef, Dream. Real sweet guy. I guess he need me for something..."

As George walked off, Karl noticed a small blush on his face. The crowd had gotten smaller and was left to him, a woman, and someone who had a non-binary pin on their shirt, so a they.

Inside the room~
"Sap my brother is coming in next, stop looking so annoyed or I will obliterate you within the next 2.2 seconds." Hannah threatened.

"Ughhhhhh, why can't you?" Sapnap groaned, he never like talking to strangers.

Hannah opened the door, "Karl, we're ready for you."

Karl stood and walked in to where the interview too place, and was greeted by the prince and his right-hand woman, who was also his sister.

The two were whispering into each other's ear, low enough so nobody could hear. He playfully hit her arm and focused on the last task of the day, Karl's interview.

"Am I interrupting something...?" He questioned.

"Not at all. Sit down please." She responded.

Karl was shaky, he nerves were bad from pressure.

"So how much experience do you have Karl?"

"2 years of high school at the most."

"Better than most of our people..." Hannah mumbled, "and how old are you?"

"21, 22 in July"
(he is actually 22, 23 in July, just changed it up😅)

"Mhm, ok. You can leave now bro."

Later~
Sapnap took a odd liking in Karl, so when deciding who got the job, he was frequently mentioned.

"Are you 100 percent sure he's right for the job, son?" The king asked the Sapnap.

"I'm positive, father." He replied quietly, the King had always scared Sapnap. Just his presence made him nervous.

"Okay, we shall let him know. Hannah, please send a note to the last interviewer that they have been accepted."

"Of course, sir."

She left with the note, off to tell Karl the good news.

Credits to NightmareisKindaHere for this one too!