💜Chapter 9: The Masquerade Ball🧡

Today is Monday, the week of the Ball. Everyone is really under pressure. All the cooks have much food to prepare, maids and butlers have to clean and decorate, but no one has had it worse than Sapnap.

All he could think about today was the fact he was gonna have to choose a lady for be the future queen, once he is crowned king. (That is not how it works, but let's go with it :> )

But Sapnap didn't want a lady! If he was forced to rule as king, he would only do it with the boy love of his life by his side. But he had to choose a lady, for the sake of his father's love. Sapnap just couldn't let down the family for his needs. Love for his future wife or not, he had to marry a woman.

'Imagine how upset Karl will be though!' He thought to himself in the morning, waiting for breakfast. Just as he was lost in his thoughts, Techno walked in, Karl right behind him.

Sapnap shot up and instantly changed his mood. Techno gave him I'm his food and left, while Karl sat down beside him. He was behind Sapnap and wrapped his arms around his waist while the boy ate.

"Hey Karl..."

"Yeah sappy?" He hummed, his head on sapnap's shoulder.

"Can we talk for a second...?" He asked nervously.

"I mean I guess.. but I don't like the way it sounds."

"Well Karl the thing is... the thing is.. I-" he tried to get out, but was stopped by tears forming heavily in his eyes.

Karl gasped and pulled Sapnap closer, wiping the tears off his face.

"It's ok baby, you can tell me anything, I swear to keep it."

"I- well it's that- *sob* I h-h-ave to.. I HAVE TO CHOOSE A WOMAN FOR QUEEN AT THE BALL!" He finally got out.

Karl's face went instantly gloomy and he let go of Sapnap's waist a little bit, scooting backwards.

"Oh.. you have to?"

"I do, I'm so sorry Kar, it's tradition and I have to live up to what my dad wants me to be. I don't want to be the disappointment in the royal family. But I promise you, whoever it is, I won't love her, I will love you."

"Forever and ever?" He held his pinky out.

"Forever and ever, I promise." He brought his pinky finger to meet Karl's and they crossed, sealing the promise.

"Well thank you love, now I need to get back to the kitchen, got lots of planning to do. Bye!" He said kissing Sapnap's forehead then leaving.

"Bye Karl <3"

Karl walked down the stairs and made it to the kitchen, just before Dream walked in.

"Okay everyone gather up! We have a whole meal to plan for the surrounding 50 countries with royal families at the Masquerade Ball! Don't slack please, time's already wasting!" Dream yelled for everyone to start their tasks.

The cooks went over to finalize their meals, and the maids and butlers went over their decoration list and made sure everything was ordered correctly.

The whole time, Karl on the other hand wasn't barely listening, only agreeing when he was asked questions. All he could think about was what Sapnap said. I have to choose a woman for queen at the ball. Struck Karl right in the heart, it was hurting him so bad that his own boyfriend was going to have to marry a woman for the sake of his kingdom. I guess we're all born with our own problems, some bigger than others.

(HUGE TIME SKIP HERE BOIS)
The Masquerade Night, just before people's arrival~

The workers went to the front of the ballroom, satisfied with their work. The room was amazing! The golden chandelier was glowing, perfectly shading the whole room on that cool night. All their foods smelled amazing, fresh and hot out of the stoves and pots! The decor was laid out perfectly along the room, the candles lit and the curtains pulled over.