💜Chapter 6: A Favor🧡

"She told you what now?" Quackity asked looking at Karl. Both were sitting on a bench in the royal garden for their break.

"She told me you flirted with two dead rats." Karl giggled, but still frighted at just the word rat.

"That little shi-" He was cut off by the one and only Hannah walking towards them, "SHINING STAR! Yes a star, has anyone told your sister how stunning she is?"

"Yeah, her girlfriend." Karl answered rhetorically.
(Did I use rhetorically right?)

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." Hannah added herself to the conversation.

"Alright bet" Quackity pulled out his phone and took a picture of Hannah.

Hannah rolled her eyes at his behavior. She was too used to it by now, which bothered Karl. She used to sometimes call him at night, crying because she got harassed or someone snapped a picture without her permission. She learned to be more assertive and confident from this, which made some guys back down. But still, some continued their disgusting actions, and at certain times it would be worse.

"Anyways, the reason I'm out here is because Wilbur wants you. Don't be a bitch and keep him waiting, go on." She pushed them from the bench, then walked off smiling.

As they were walking, Quackity said "What the f-ck would he want? He never wants to even look in my direction."

Karl shrugged and kept going in silence. They made it to the kitchen doors and pushed through. Wilbur noticed and said,

"Oh thank god you two are here, I didn't know where you went." He sighed in relief or seeing the two.

"What did ya need?" Karl asked raising an eyebrow.

"Look I need a bit of a.. favor." He paused himself a little bit, looking at the ground the whole time.

"What is it?" Karl and Quackity asked at the same time, "JINX!" Same time again.

"Alright children settle down. Anywho I need you to get me something from the prince's room for me." He murmured lightly so only they could hear.

"I can just ask my sister."

"No, you can't. When he took my notebook and pens he told the cleaners and your sister not to give it back."

"What's in the notebook? Love letters or something?" Quackity butted in.

"No, just something.... sentimental. I guess you that." Wilbur mumbled.

"What's in it for us?" Quackity asked.

"Let's see I will.... wash the dishes for the next two months." He offered.

"Deal." Quackity immediately responded, not consulting with his partner in crime first. A very fitting name actually. "When do you need it by?"

"This Saturday, 11:59 pm, the alley way behind Vankan Tavern."

"Are you trying to get me into some illegal deal, Wilbur? So specific!" Karl looked surprised at the detail in the location.

"No no no Karl, me and Techno will be there already so it's convenient." He replied quickly, letting Kar relax a bit.

"Alright see you then." Quackity said.

Wilbur nodded then walked off, probably to find a friends. Karl turned to the boy standing next to him.

"I really hope you didn't just get me into some drug deal, my sister wouldn't be proud.

It was around 10 am, and they were on break so they didn't have to be back in the kitchen until about 11:30.

"Karl, you talk about your sister a lot but never your parents. Why's that?" Quackity questioned him.

"To be completely honest, I wasn't exactly hand in hand with either of my parents." He started playing with the end of his sleeve, "Our dad went to get milk and cookies years ago and never came back."

Quackity bursted into a fit of laughter because he didn't think Karl was serious. The laughing only made him frown.

"I was being serious Quackity."

"Oh I'm sorry," he immediately felt guilty for laughing, "That's my bad man."

"It's fine, I guess. Pretty stereotypical kinda."

They walked down the twists and turns of the long sidewalks in the palace garden. There were much less people than about 20 minutes ago, and it was getting colder by the second.

Fall was the perfect season to Karl. Not too hot, not too cold. He leaves falling off the branches one by one had soothed his nerves. As a child, he loved to pile them up and jump in, but I mean who wouldn't!
Warm cinnamon filled the air from the Head Chef trying out recipes for the masquerade ball. Dream had tried to come up with new things every year to keep the party going.

Hannah's birthday was in November, which Karl envied. Even so, he would make her a wreath or freshly fallen leaves every year. In the family sitting room, the duo would turn on their little radio and play Monopoly. The two would hear hot cocoa and wrap up in blankets while they played. Then a little memory of doing his homework with his sister, so when mom got home she would not be mad.

But those days were over. Dead. Gone.

Ayo thank you for reading chapter 6!!! Credits to NightmareisKindaHere for this one too! There is where they left off, so from now on your getting my own chapters :]
Be ready for the gay to kick in the next chapter.