Chapter 47 - Hunters Everywhere

Derek, Boyd and I all walked around the back of the warehouse until we found a clear area with a huge dumpster and wall to take cover behind. We didn’t have to wait long before Chris Argent and his hunters showed up. We walked towards them.

“Derek, back off.” Chris said.

“Back off? That’s really all you’ve got? I gotta be honest Chris, I was really expecting more from the big bad veteran werewolf hunter.” Derek said while I was thinking please don’t provoke him.

“Okay then, how about – didn’t anyone tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight.” There it is I thought while the hunters all pulled out the guns a cocked them.

“That one sounded pretty good.” Boyd said taking one step back.

I was standing just in inch in front of Derek and once they pulled out there guns and fired the first shot the first thing Derek did was pull me back behind him which caused Chris to look at me curiously. We all ran behind the dumpster dodging the bullets as we went, but that didn’t stop the gun fire. The bullets were rebounding off everything. Finally some of the hunters ran out of ammunition so we ran out.

Boyd went after the closest and I went to the next. Without his gun he didn’t put up much of a fight. I kicked his legs out from under him and when he hit the ground his head went first leaving him unconscious. I turned around to see Boyd finishing of his opponent and Derek flipping over the dumpster in a badass kind of way. He did like to make an entrance. He went after another hunter and did this back flip, knocking the guy out with his feet as he went over. I honestly thought all he had to do was a simple punch. The hunters kept coming though. They seemed to multiply, but we managed to knock them out until there were just 4 left.

One reloaded his gun and started shooting. I heard Boyd yelp in pain as one of the bullets hit him, but that didn’t slow him down. Boyd was fighting one hunter and so was I, leaving Derek with two. I heard bolts of electricity and a grunt coming from Derek. Distracted for one moment I spun around to see the two hunters had shot him with a taser gun, but he grabbed the strings attached to the guns which were carrying the electricity and pulled causing the two hunters to slam into each other. However my brief moment of distraction caused me to be knocked to the ground and I think stabbed in the stomach. Whatever it was, it hurt.

The hunter was lying on top of me with a bloody knife pressed to my throat, but something pulled him up and threw him against a wall. I looked up to see Derek holding out a hand to me. I grabbed it and painfully jumped up. The hunters were all lying on the ground unconscious… all except Chris.

“I think I stopped healing.” Boyd said in pain.

“Me too.” I added placing my hand over the knife wound.

“The bullets, they’re laced with wolfs-bane.” Derek answered.

“And the knives?” I asked feeling lightheaded.

“You were stabbed?” Boyd asked just lifting up the edge of my shirt revealing a knife wound in my abdomen.

“You gotta go, take the car.” Derek nodded in the direction of his Camaro.

“What about you?” Boyd asked.

“I have to find Scott. Go.” Boyd and I just looked at him “Go!” he said more demandingly.

Boyd jumped up and pulled me with him. We ran straight to the car. With Chris as the only hunter left both sides knew that there wasn’t going to be another fight.

The drive to the clinic felt much longer then the drive to the warehouse. I could feel the poison spreading through my body. Sure I had been shot with a gun and compound bow last full moon, but they weren’t poisoned. This pain was worse, much worse. It was like every time my heart beat it was igniting another flame somewhere inside my body using my blood as the fuel. When we finally arrived at the clinic neither Boyd nor I could walk straight. We probably looked like drunken idiots to anyone driving past, but Deaton knew exactly what was wrong. He grabbed a cotton bud and wiped a little bit of Boyd’s blood away with it and tested it in something, apparently to see what kind of wolfs-bane it was. Once he had his answer he grabbed some wolfs-bane powder from the shelf and set it alight.