Chapter 24 - Erica

I walked through my bedroom door to find Derek standing against the wall near my desk and Isaac sitting on my bed.

“So what’s up?”

“We’re expanding our pack.” Isaac said with a grin.

“Erica?” I asked now looking at Derek.

“Yes, and one other. Any ideas?” Derek asked.

“Maybe…”

“Well?”

“Boyd.”

“Ahh… the big muscly guy?” Isaac asked.

“Yep.”

“Perfect.” Derek said with I smile.

“I think he has a lot of family and money problems and is a very self-conscious person.” I explained.

“Okay, well you’ll be at school tomorrow so call or text me when it’d be a good time.”

“Will do.” I said smiling.

Isaac and Derek left leaving me alone in my room thinking about how Erica and Boyd are going to react. I also wasn’t very impressed that this conversation could have been had over speaker phone instead of interrupting me from eating my pizza.

Like always the night wasn’t long enough. Before I knew it I was getting changed into my black leggings, long shirt and a belt that sat just above my hip bones. I decided to put my blonde hair in a stylishly messy pony tail then got in my car and drove to school, with make-up on of course.

It wasn’t long before I was changing again, this time into my sports gear and going to physical education; which was rock climbing. Scott, Stiles and Alison were in my class along with Erica.

“Okay, next two. Stilinski and Erica lets go.” Coach said pointing to Stiles and Erica.

Erica looked up at the wall looking frightened, but Stiles eagerly got right into it. Erica had just gotten half way up as Stiles started coming down. That’s when it happened. She couldn’t go any further. She was frozen and was starting to cry.

“Erica, dizzy?” coach asked as everyone gathered around, “Is it vertigo?”

“Vertigo is a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She’s just freaking out.” Said Lydia. I had no idea how no one actual knew how smart she really was.

“Coach, maybe it’s not safe. You know she’s epileptic.” Alison said.

“Why doesn’t anyone tell me this stuff? Erica, you’re fine, just kick off from the wall. There’s a mat to catch you. Come on.” Coach said trying to calm her down. Erica slowly let go of the wall and gently fell to the ground. “There you go. It’s okay. You’re on the ground. You’re fine.” Coach was saying. He didn’t really like the comforting students part of his job.

Erica walked to the back of the class, passing me on her way, and went straight to the changing rooms. After class I was in the changing room standing next to my locker, but I couldn’t see Erica anywhere.

“Alison, have you seen Erica?”

“No, not since class finished. Why?” Then I felt it. My hand started to shake. I felt it coming, an epileptic fit, but it wasn’t me it was Erica. I ran to the gym, Alison was following me. She knew what I was, but surprisingly it wasn’t Scott who told her. She had overheard a conversation, with her dad and the hunter who shot me last night.

We got to the gym just in time to see Erica fall into Scott’s arms from the wall and start having a seizure.

“Put her on her side, put her on her side.” Alison said running up beside Scott. I crouched down next to them and Alison looked at me then Scott. “How did you guys know?”