Chapter 20 - Now To Hunt

“Derek what’re we doing at the train station? I thought we were going to Isaac’s?”

“Scott and I are. You’re not.”

“What! Why not?” I argued.

“Because Scott has more control than you do. This is your first full moon and I need to make sure you’re locked up.”

“Our plan was to lock me up while you were here so if I got out you could stop me. If you’re not here and I get out I could kill someone.”

“So could Isaac.”

“Exactly so I should go with you so you can keep an eye on both of us.” Derek just looked at me and I could tell that I wasn’t going to win this.

“Scott, stay in the car. Call Stiles and tell him what’s happening, we may need him.” I got out and followed Derek down into the station.

“How’re you going to lock me up?”

“With chains.”

“What if I break them?”

“Hopefully I’ll be back in time.”

“Hopefully doesn’t sound very promising, Derek.” He didn’t reply. After following him through the station we found ourselves at a giant chest. “What’s in that?” I asked, fearing the answer. Derek lifted up the lid revealing a box full of chains. I walked over and picked up what looked like a collar. “Please tell me this doesn’t go around my neck.”

“It doesn’t go around your neck.”

“Thank god.”

“It goes around your head.”

I snapped my head up to look at Derek. “But it has bolts.”

“Do you want to get out?”

“Okay, fine, but next full moon can we please find something I little less medieval or something that wasn’t invented whilst creating the Saw movies?”

Derek smiled, “I’ll think about it.” Within five minutes Derek had me chained down and it was time for the head piece. He placed it over my head then looked me in the eyes. “This is going to hurt.”

“Just do it.”

I swear I saw Derek hesitate, but not for long. He started to tighten the front bolt. At first it wasn’t as bad as I thought, it was just a slight pinch, but that changed. The slight pinch became excruciating. I couldn’t hold it together any longer. I screamed. It was like something was being drilled into my forehead. Suddenly Derek stopped.

“That should be tight enough.”

“When will we learn control?”

“Soon. I promise.” Derek put his hand on my shoulders then stood up. “I will be back as soon as I can.”

And with that he left me there chained to an old train with a head restraint and a bolt in my forehead. I knew he had to go to Isaac, but I wish he could’ve stayed with me. This week had been the safest I had felt in over a year and it was because of him. I now suddenly felt alone and terrified.

Possibilities of what I could do came flooding through my mind again for the second time this week. What if I kill someone, someone I know? What if Isaac kills someone or is caught or killed himself by hunters? I knew the next few hours were going to be very long and the pain in my head never went away, neither did the thoughts. I couldn’t help wondering what was happening right in that moment.

But then that changed…

I was hungry. So, so hungry. I wanted blood, to kill, to feed.

I felt the pain in my fingers as my nails grew and the pain in my gums as my fangs pushed themselves through the roof of my mouth. I looked down at the chains around my stomach and the ones around my wrist which were connected to the train. I balled my hands into fists and pulled. The chains ripped from the wall. I then grabbed the chain around my stomach and broke it in half. The last step was pulling the restraint off my head. It hurt, but I didn’t care. I just wanted to get free. And finally I was.

Now to hunt.