Chapter 30 - The Hot Mechanic

I found Stiles later that night outside Boyd’s house waiting for a tow.

“Hey!” I said slowly walking up to him. “You waiting for a tow?”

“Obviously.”

“Okay look, I’m not the one who hit you over the head and wrecked your car.”

“No. Erica hit me over the head and wrecked my car, but Erica is in your pack.”

“Derek’s the alpha! If you have any problems with how things are run talk to him about it.”

“Scott just talked to him about it and was basically bashed up.” The tow came and we shut up. A man got out. He was kind of hot. Okay very hot. Tall, buff, messy blonde hair, bad boy kind of image. More than likely Lacrosse captain when he was at school.

“Did you call about a tow?” he asked smiling at me.

“No. He did.” I said pointing to Stiles, but returning the man’s smile.

“Right. Nice car.” He said to Stiles, but was obviously joking.

A smile came to my lips. “Come on Stiles, I’ll drive you to the mechanic.”

“Why?”

“Because your car doesn’t run and I hardly doubt the man wants to put up with your consistent banter for half an hour.” Stiles new I was joking, but I don’t think the mechanic did and he laughed. Stiles glared at him then got in my car. I followed after the mechanic gave me another smile.

“I don’t think he likes me.” Stiles said once I closed the door.

“Well, no surprise there, it’s 9pm and you called him for a tow.”

“No. He likes you and thinks we are dating, hence does not like me.”

“That’s ridiculous, I said literally three words to him.” The mechanic finished hooking Stiles’ car up and we followed him to his workshop.

“And smiled. Smiling and werewolf abilities equals HOT!”

“Are you saying he wouldn’t like me if I wasn’t a werewolf?”

“Okay, I just gave you a compliment and you come up with a criticism? Before you were part of Derek’s pack you probably would’ve giggled.”

“And apparently wouldn’t be hot.”

“Anna you were perfect before and you had no need to change!”

We pulled up into the garage and I got out. I had no idea what to say to that and I didn’t trust myself to say anything if I did. After all, my emotions have been on a bender lately, I had no idea what I felt anymore. I wasn’t jealous of Lydia anymore although still thought Stiles could do better and that comment had sent my heart on a never ending race. So I did the stupid thing. I spoke to the hot, muscly mechanic.

“So do you own this place?” I asked looking around.

“Yeah it was my fathers. He retired two years ago and gave it to me. I’m Tucker by the way.”

“Anna.” I said smiling.

SMASH! Stiles knocked something metal off a bench.

“I… I… I’ll just pick that.”

“Yeah.” Tucker said in a matter of fact way. “Your boyfriend’s a bit clumsy.” He said to me, but I have a feeling Stiles heard.

“He’s not my boyfriend. Just a friend.” I said with a slight laugh.

“Really?”

“Yep.” BING! My phone went off.

Where are you? –Mum

Oh crap

“That was my mum. I’m sorry, but I have to go.”

“Okay. See you around?” he asked smiling.

“Sure.” I replied, smiling in return.

“See you at school Stiles!”

“Yeah. Bye.”

I got in my car and drove home.