Chapter 7

"Alright, all we have to do is follow the directions, do you think you can do that, Potter." He scowls at me, "Yes, I can. You work on the stirring, I mess up way too often." I nod, then head off to grab ingredients.

After placing the ingredients on the table, I come back with everything we needed and sit down, "Alright, the first thing we need to do is boil the water. Do you think you can manage that?" "I am quite capable of boiling water, Snape." Potter snaps, starting the heat required to bring the water to boil. "Don't forget the water Potter."

His head whipped towards me, "I'm so close to strangling you. Let me finish doing something before you start with your fucking shitty attitude." My eyes widen slightly, surprised by his reaction. Though I quickly recovered, simply rolling my eyes. Potter turns away, filling the cauldron using the spell, Aguamenti. Starting to grind Graphorn Horn, I start to remember what happened on the train. 

What in the world did Ja-Potter mean by 'my true feelings towards this idiot'. Also, the fact that he even had the nerve to put his filthy hands on me. What the hell was Professor Dumbledore thinking? Why did Potter react the way he did when I passed out? Another thing, why was he even in the infirmary? Why did he wait to eat? What caused him to act like he did last night? 

 "...ape! ...nape! ...Snape! I think it's a fine powder now." Noticing there was a fine powder below me. "Pour this in the cauldron while I make sure I got the right amount of Billywig Stings and Chizpurfle Carapaces," I spoke quietly.  Potter did as he was told, and I did grab the right amount of everything. "Let me grind the Billywig Stings and Chizpurfle Carapaces," Potter demanded. "Fine, you do that. We need to talk about a few things later." 

Potter stops grinding the Billywig Stings and  Chizpurfle Carapaces and dumps the powder in, "Alright, can you do the stirring and the Fire Seeds?" I move over and drop the correct amount of Fire Seeds, stirring. I put out the fire. "Potter, you truly have a lot to explain." Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Potter looks slightly tense. As I notice the reason, my eyes narrow as Barkley was burning holes into the back of Potter's head. 

Potter turns to me, "Why is he doing that?" Rolling my eyes, I respond. "Barkley is just jealous. He wanted to be your partner. Trust me, you really wouldn't like it, which is why I offered to partner with you." He mutters, "More like you demanded. He's jealous, why?" I sigh, "Barkley has a thing for you, and well, to put it simply, he thinks I'm competition." Potter stirs the potion, "Why does he think you're competition? It's not like you fancy me." "I- He figures your bullying is just your way of showing someone you like them." 

"If everybody will focus their attention towards the front, class is about to end. Now is the time to pour the potion into a vile and bring it to the front." Professor Slughorn announced.