Chapter 4: can things get any worse?

Alex: hello mom( trying to sound cheerful)

Mom: don't hello me child. Do you know what time it is, I am so angry at you right no! You better get your ass home right this minute! Oh so help me,if you aren't home when your dad gets home. there will no longer be a creek!!!! I swear!

Alex: yes mom, right away mom. I'll be there. Love you

Mom: hmm-mm. You better. Love you baby.( hangs up)

A big sigh leaves his body. He looks around one last time calling Kat's name. Before sprinting home.

When he gets home he is greeted by a very angry mom and dad. They lecture him about how worried they were and how this better not happen again or maybe it happen again and how they had an agreement and trust and so on. After that they told him dinners in the microwave and to go to his room after and that he is grounded till further notice.

He enters his room and flops on his bed crying. Asking why. Why is Sam not talking? What happen to Kat and why did she act like that? What did she mean by not wanting to hurt him? Why did he had to get grounded? Why did life suck right now? He cried himself to sleep that night.

That night he had a dream. He was at the creek and he's running. While running he sees Kat, she is naked and crying. He reaches his hands towards her, then it becomes night and then all around him turns black. He stops calling Kat. His voice echoes but no answer. Then he hears her say his name. He turns around and screams as the wolf eats him.he awoke in a cold sweat. Breathing heavy. He checks his phone. 6:05am. Its almost time for school. Not wanting or able to go back to sleep. He gets up gets ready for school.

He sighs, If only I didn't have to go school. Isn't grounded enough. He can't go to the creek or go outside, play his games. They cut off the internet. And he still had to go to school. This is torture he thought. He sits on his bed till one of his parents can drop him off.

(Knock,knock)

Alex: come in.( not that it would stop them or that he can lock it anyways.)

Enters his mom. Dressed in her uniform. His mom works in some office building selling who knows what. Definitely not Alex nor does he remember.

Mom: you ready hon.

Alex:(sighs) yeah.* in a very monotone sad voice.

His mom sits next to him and gives Alex a hug.

Mom: you know we yelled at you because we love you right.

Alex: I know.

Mom: now no parent likes being the bad guy. It hurts us, just as much it hurts you And you're lucky. Back in my day we would've gotten more than a lecture you know.

Alex nods

Mom: come down for breakfast. We might be bad guys, but we are not monsters. We will feed.

Alex: I don't wanna go to school.

Mom: are you sick?

Alex: no.

Mom: is it vacation?

Alex: n-yes.

Mom: nice try, I'm not senile yet.

Alex: I m hurt.

Mom: ask the nurse.

Alex: but I really am.(holding his body)

Mom: show me.

Alex shows her the wound on his knee. His mom still tells him he has to go to school despite the scratch and if its really bad that to check the nurse because she thinks it'll heal. After breakfast they say their goodbyes together and off to work and school.

School was not interesting. Alex could barley or couldn't remember most of the school day. After school it was back to home. Then homework, dinner bath and sleeping. For some reason they didn't take his phone. Something about being worried for emergencies and a way to keep contact. Not that Alex had any complaints and so no one was responding to his texts. Not Sam or Kat.

Weeks passed and it has become routine. Home to school to home again.
Day after day nothing to do but homework at home. It felt like the new norm.  Then Alex's phone rang and his surprised it wasn't his parents but the two people he never thought he would see or hear from again.they had both the same message.

"CAN WE TALK?"