Only Human - Lando Norris

This was requested by jolixoxo

35. "I have a human growing inside of me,I'm not okay"

______________________________________________________________________________

(Y/N), walked through the paddock. You were on your way to McLaren Hospitality because you weren't allowed in the garage during the race. Normally you didn't mind but today you were feeling nervous abut the race. When you and Lando parted your ways in the morning he was exited but also determined to win. You just hoped he wasn't doing anything stupid or risky. You needed him in one piece. You, your son and your unborn child. 

"Hey (Y/N)", your close friend Andrea called you over. Both of you hugged quickly. "How are you? How is Lando and the family? ". You sat down next to her "We are great. He is determined to win. Myself can't wait to give birth. I'm so exhausted and with him gone most of the time, it's hard. But how are you? How is the baby?". Both of you continued talking throughout the race but always keeping an eye on the screens. Lando didn't win but he made P2 behind Lewis Hamilton and in front of Max Verstappen. You were delighted. 

You had a great day. Your Hormones and mood didn't act up and you managed to catch up with some friends and also celebrate with your husband. This quickly changed when you got back to England. The flight was exhausting and you weren't able to rest properly. You also couldn't wait to see your Son Oscar who was staying with Lando's parents whenever you accompanied him to a race.  So when the two of you arrived at your house, your mood was bitchy and you were ready to pick a fight with everyone. Especially Lando, who was very exited to see his son, got on your nerves. 

You hugged your parents-in-law and covered your son in kisses. "Mummy, stop. You are ruining my hair", Oscar said as he wiggled out of your grasp. "I am a big boy now".

You pretended you weren't hurt but inside you, your heart ached. Your hormones went maniac and you excused yourself from the little gathering by saying that you are too tired to indulge in proper conversation. When you entered the bedroom you started crying silently and laying down on the bed. The entrance door closed in the distance and Lando made his way up to you. 

"Love? Are you okay?", he sat on the edge of the bed. He stroke a strand of hair out of your face, looking at you worried. 

You glared at him "I have a human growing inside of me, of course I'm not okay!" You started crying. Overwhelmed with the whole situation, Lando hugged you. "I'm sorry, love. I heard what he said to you. I'm sure he will come running in here tomorrow morning demanding his kisses. Don't take it too serious please. Stress is not good for you or the baby." 

"I am not stressed! I am pissed off that nothing is ever going smoothly or the way it is supposed to be. I am pissed off that I love you so much that I carry another human. I hate being pregnant", you cried. Obviously you weren't serious and the hormones were talking but you struggled with being pregnant and a stay-at-home mum. Lando didn't know what to reply so he just hugged you stronger and kissed your cheek. 

You laid there for a while, when you started laughing. "Oh my god! I am the biggest brat. I'm so sorry, Lando". He smiled and kissed you happily. "Its alright, I know it's tough and you hate being alone with Oscar and being pregnant at the same time. There are only two races left and then I'll be home until the start of the new season." 

"Thank you!", you said. "No, thank you. You have been so understanding and supporting. And you have also given me the two most amazing gifts I could ask for. So yeah, thank you!".  Lando kissed you deeply.