Il ragazzo - Toto Wolff

Imola, Italy 

When Toto arrived at Imola, he had a  good feeling about the upcoming race weekend. That was until he saw the weather forecast for Sunday: rain, rain and a whole lot more of rain. Obviously he knows that both his drivers are very competent, when driving wet races, but Max Verstappen was an absolute beast on wet tracks. Worrying he made his way towards the paddock, ready to enter a full day of interviews. On his way he noticed people staring at him, which wasn't abnormal but it was still a little bit weird, especially considering the crowd that formed in front of the Mercedes hospitality.

"Toto! Finally, we thought you got lost on your way here!", a familiar voice echoed towards him. He was pretty sure, that he left this voice this morning at his house in Oxford.  "(Y/N)? What are you doing here?", he was kind of shocked to see his wife surrounded by mechanics and senior members of the leadership in front of him. (Y/N) made her way over to him. "As if I would miss an Italian  race!", she said as she kissed his cheeks. Although they were a very affectionate and pda couple, they never showed in during race weekends or in front of press. As soon as the door of the hospitality would close, they would embrace each other properly. "But what about Jack? And how did you get here?", he laid an arm around her hips. "Jack is actually with Lewis and Valtteri, they wanted to take him around the track, on those fancy scooters you have here", she smiled "And this morning, after you left, we had a taxi picking us up and bringing us to the jet. You just didn't notice us, but we were there the whole time." Toto shook his head laughing. "Amazing. I'm happy you two are here".

"Papa! Papa!", the voice of Jack echoed through the pit lane as Valtteri, Lewis and him scooted towards the Mercedes garage. As soon as the three stopped, Jack ran towards his father and hugged him tight. "Hey, kleiner Mann" (hey, little man), Toto said as he hugged him tight. "How was your ride with the boys?" - "It was so amazing. Valtteri showed me how to cut the corners ,without the FIA saying something and Lewis and I drove soooo fast, if someone would have raced us we would have definitely won!". Toto chuckled, delighted by his son clearly enjoying his time. "I hope he wasn't much of a trouble?", he said towards his drivers. Lewis and Valtteri shared a quick glance before settling on an answer. "Of course he wasn't. He's very easy to be around". Toto nodded before putting Jack on his shoulders, making his way through the pit lane.

The family of three continued walking through the paddock, greeting all sorts of people. Everyone was exited to see Jack, as he was just the cutest and most open minded boy they had met. He waved at everyone, even they were Red Bull drivers. When they passed the Red Bull garage he waved fast. Christian made his way over to the three of them. "(Y/N), its so nice to see you here again! How have you been?", he asked as he kissed her cheeks left and right. Toto and (Y/N) would often spent a weekend at the estate of Christian and his wife, because their children enjoyed spending time together. "We can't miss an Italian race, you know that!", she laughed. Christian gave Jack a high-five. "How are you, little rascal? I heard you kept the boys on their feet this morning?", he asked Jack, who eagerly nodded. "We went around the track on a scooter!". "Well, that sounds fun! I got to go, was nice catching up with you again!"

"I don't know how you two do it, but everyone is so much nicer when you are around!", Toto smiled.  "Well must be of Jacks charming attitude ", (Y/N) laughed.