Operation "Smooth" - Carlos Sainz Jr.

„May I ask for your name, Miss?" - „Elenora Sainz. My husband should have booked the room. Carlos Sainz Jr.". The receptionist looked through the bookings in her computer. Elenora knew her husband booked the room. Okay, officially Ferrari had booked it, but they were always under his name. „I'm sorry, I cannot find a booking under this name. Is there anyone I can call for you?" - „No thank you. I will check with my husband. Thank you for your effort".

Confused she took a step back from the reception and dialled Charles' number. „Oui?", he answered. „Charles, its me. I'm at the hotel but they can't find a booking in his name. Can you help me?" There was a short silence at the other end of the line. „El, what hotel are you at?" - „The Hilton, thats where he told me, you guys were staying" Charles sighed. „That is true, but you are at the wrong Hilton. You need to go to the one in the city center. They had the bigger room to fit all the party guests. I thought Charlotte had told you. I'm sorry!!". Elenora looked around awkwardly. „Well that's awkward. I'm at the one near the track. Can you send me the address?" - „Wait there. We  will pick you up." Elenora thanked him and decided to wait in front of the hotel.

The bright red Ferrari that entered the hotel ground gave Charles quickly away. He got out of the car and hugged her tight. "I'm glad you're here. This is going to be amazing, he will loose his mind", Charles said smiling. "I hope so!", she laughed. "Hey Casanova, may i also hug my best friend?", the girl emerging from the passenger seat said. "Carlotta!", Elenora squealed exited. "I thought you were coming tomorrow?" - "Well you are not the only one with surprises". Charlotte and Elenora embraced each other tightly, even thought they had seen each other a few days prior. "Ladies, please take a seat. Next stop, the Hilton City Center", Charles said while opening the car doors for both.

The ride was fun. The three of them talked about the upcoming days, Carlos' birthday and the latest gossip. After checking Elenora into Carlos' room the trio made their way towards the rooms. "I'm just going to knock, right? We're not doing the great entrance, surprise thing." Both Monegasques nodded "enjoy that bit of privacy". Elenora was obviously exited to see Carlos again, but she was also nervous about his reaction. They hadn't spoken in a few days due to both of them being stubborn after a small argument about who's turn it was to wash the dogs. The trio separated at the hallway entrance. "Have fun! See you tomorrow!", Charles said and pressed a kiss to her cheek. Charlotte hugged her tight and whispered in her ear "don't worry about the argument. He'll be head over heals as soon as you enter that room". Elenora smiled and knocked on Carlos' door while the couple made their way to their room.

Carlos took his time coming to the door, while Elenora continued knocking softly. "Jesus Christ, I'm coming!", Carlos exclaimed. He opened the door abruptly. "Yes?"
"Sorpresa, mi amor". Elenora smiled at him. "Nora? Estàs aquí!" - "Happy Birthday, Baby". Carlos picked her up and swung her around. Both laughed wholeheartedly, happy to be reunited again. When he sat back on the floor, he kissed her passionately. "I missed you and I'm sorry that we had this silly argument. We could've done it together". "Its okay. It was silly and we leave it in the past." Together they entered his room.

a few hours later

"Babe, Charles is asking if we want to go to dinner with them? I know it's your birthday, but we haven't done something as the four of us since forever and this is a good opportunity", Elenora asked Carlos while getting ready in the bathroom. They had an intense shower together, enjoying their time. "I knew they'd ask. Tell them we're down in like 20 minutes". She told Charles and continued getting ready till she felt two arms wrapping around her torso. Soft kisses were pressed to her shoulder. "Hola Mrs. Sainz". She flashed him a smile "Hey Mr. Sainz". Carlos pressed a gentle kiss to her lips: "You ready? Charles is probably whining again, that we are too late". Elenora giggled "Yes, let me get my phone and then we can go". She had dressed up in a red casual dress while Carlos was wearing a white dress shirt and some jeans.

Embraced in each others arms, the two of them walked towards the big dining room in the hotel. Carlos unknowingly still thinking, that they are having casual dinner with friends. "I love you", Elenora said and pressed a kiss to his cheek "Oh! I forgot my tablets in my bag. Let me get them quickly, you go and find Charles. I'll find you!" She hurried around the corner. Carlos stood there for a second, confused about what pills she was taking. Then continued making his way to  his friend. When he opened the door he was greeted by a loud "Surprise!" and cheers. In the room waiting, was the whole Ferrari team, McLaren members and some of his driver friends like Lando, Max, Pierre and also Fernando. Also his dad and Cousin, the other Carlos'. "You guys! I knew it!", Carlos laughed and engulfed everyone in a hug. Charles and Charlotte grinned, while giving a thumbs up to Elenora, who made her way inside the room, with a big cake. Everyone started singing and Carlos turned towards his wife with a big smile. This day couldn't have gone better.
He blew the candles and pressed a kiss on her lips. "Thank you for being so amazing!" - "Happy Birthday, Chili".

The party was a big success. They were surrounded by their friends and family in a city they both love. Only one thing was missing: Carlos' present. It was neatly placed in the back of her purse, waiting to be opened. Taking a sip from her drink, she made her way towards Charlotte. "Char, you got a minute?" - "Sure, whats up?". The two of them walking towards a less crowded area of the room. "I haven't given Carlos his present yet, because I don't know how to tell him. And now I'm scared he won't like it", Elenora said while grabbing the present from her purse and handing it to Charlotte "Its in there. Open it and you'll know why i'm scared.". Charlotte opened it and squealed. "Oh god, I knew it! You didn't tell me!". The girls hugged and Charlotte kept looking at the present. "Well I wanted to tell Carlos first, but now I have cold feet and I don't know" - "Are you kidding me? He will re-marry you on the spot. This is the best thing you could've gotten him!". Unsure Elenora nodded "So Auntie Charlotte? How does that sound?" - "Ahhh, you have no idea how happy I am! I'll get him! This can't be a secret for longer!". And with that Charlotte was on her way to catch the birthday boy.

"Nora? Are you okay? Charlotte said you weren't feeling so good", Carlos said as he closed the gap between him and his wife and hugged her. "Yeah, I feel a bit bloated and I need to tell you something", Elenora mumbled against his chest. Carefully she took a step back, taking his hands in hers and looking for some comfort in his eyes. Lovingly he looked in her eyes "What is it, mi amor? You are kind of scaring me". "So my present to you hasn't arrived yet. Actually, we ordered it together, but it hasn't shipped yet. They told me it will be here in 6 months", she told him while looking for some kind of reaction in his face. But his face only showed confusion: "Nora, what are you talking about?" - "I'm pregnant, Cabrón. You're going to be a dad!". "¿Un papá? ¡Este es el mejor regalo de cumpleaños de todos los tiempos! ¡Nora, te amo!", he embraced her in a tight hug after kissing her passionately. Elenora, shed some happy tears and showed him the ultrasound picture. "I had to tell Charlotte, because I couldn't keep it in. So Charles probably knows as well" - "Can we tell them now?". She knew he would say that. "Yes, that's why I'm telling you now." - "I love you!" - "I love you too!" The couple shared another intimate moment, before making their way towards the DJ booth, the team had set up in the middle of the room.

Carlos picked up the microphone and started asking for everyone's attention. "First of all, thank you for coming tonight. It means a lot to me and I am so very grateful. But, we want to share something with you", he gazed at his wife who pressed a quick kiss on his cheek. "You see, normally Nora and I don't give each other presents, because we think that, what we have with each other is the biggest present we can get. This year, she skipped this and got me two presents. The first one is her being here tonight", this gained a few "aww" and "ohh" from the crowd. "But the other present is taking its sweet time, which is okay, because in about 6 months, there will be a little Chilli blessing us with its presence. So yeah, I'm gonna be a dad!" The room erupted in exited screams and laughter. Everyone making their way towards the couple to congratulate.

Charles and Charlotte were one of the first ones with Lando and Carlos' family. "A little Chili!", Lando said exited, while he gave Carlos a bro hug and kissed Elenora's cheek. Carlos, Carlos' cousin embraced the couple in a tight hug "¡Finalmente, te tomaste el tiempo suficiente!", both laughed happily.

"So, do you say 'Operation:Smooth' was a success?", Charles asked Elenora. "More than successful!", she said laughing.