Chapter 11 Reckoning

Lounging around in the living room of my mansion I sat waiting for my call.

I had today off from my Devil duty's, and I decided to skip classes today. Now, I was preparing. Using my time I was meditating and maintaining my physical weapons.

"Hey Alex?" A voice called from my side.

Opening my eyes and looking over I saw Raynare and Kalawarna. The former standing beside my seat, and the latter laid out on another couch reading. Wonder when Kala got here.

"What's up?" I asked as the shadows dissipated. "I heard today is the day you're going after the others." She stated sitting across from me. "It is. What about it?" I asked. "Just... has Azazel mentioned anything about us when this is over?" She asked meekly. "No. He said he'd see what he can do but makes no promises." I answered. "And what about you? When you attack I mean."

"What about me? I asked confused.

"What do you mean 'what about me'!" She said angrily. "Are you still planning on going in alone?" She added. "Yes I am." I said sighing. "Even after Karn impaled you? He is more powerful than you give him credit for." She tried reasoning.

So that's his name... huh.

"This 'Karn' is a idiot with delusions of grandeur. Now that I know what his relic can do. He stands no chance, especially after I blew his arm off." I answered confidently. And it was true. After my encounter I spoke with Vierra who figured out exactly what the relic he had did. It was very cut and dry, Void Geomancy, that's it. Sure Void crystal is extremely dangerous due to its anti magical and siphoning capabilities. But I am only affected to a minuscule degree.

"But..." She sputtered. "No buts. I am more than capable of dealing with them singlehandedly. If it makes you feel any better, I don't plan on making it a fair fight for them." I said in attempt to reassure her.

Grunting loudly in annoyance Raynare quickly stood up and stormed off.

Though she tried hiding her face behind her book I could sense Kala felt the same way. Sighing myself I blinked to my armoury. Looking at my vast collections of weapons I decided to ready the equipment I needed.

*Later*

Putting the finishing touches together I leaned back to admire my work.

I had finished maintenance on all my weapons that I keep on my. After doing that I got bored and started crafting. Now, I was looking at my new gun. Dubbed, The Doomshot. It is a massive quad barrel shotgun, capable of firing each chamber individually or all at once. As for ammo it can fire 10 gauge shells. High explosive shells.

Storing the weapon into my pocket dimension I felt my phone ringing.

Taking it out I saw it was a call from Issei.

"Hey man, what's up?" I said putting him on speaker. "Hey Alex. Umm I need you over here now." He said in a paranoid sounding tone. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Asia is here with me. She ran away from the Fallen." He explained. "Where are you now?" I say as I collect my gear. "I'm over at the mall. Look, when I say get over here I mean, can you keep an eye on us?"

Excuse me?

"You want me to shadow you?" I ask confused. "Yes." He said embarrassed. Why?" I asked. Hearing shuffling one the other side of the line I wait for his answer.

"Asia and I are on a date." He finally admitted.

Double excuse me?

"I'm sorry, a date?" I said in disbelief.

"Well not a 'date' date, I uhh, WHATEVER. Point is Asia ran away from the Fallen, she doesn't know about us, and she wanted to spend the day with me." He explained further. "I don't want Asia to be taken by them, and I need your help to make it happen." He added.