Chapter 22 Revelations, Part 2

*Small TLDR*
M/N = Mothers name.
F/N = Fathers name.
Y/N L/N = Your First/Last name.
I'm sure many of you don't need this but to the few who do here ya are. Now onto the chapter.

Falling into another memory I quickly aligned myself to land on my feet. Seeing Akeno land beside me we saw we were in another bedroom.

This one however was much smaller than than the hotel they were in and more rustic in its decorations, giving it a more average and homely feeling. In the bed was another woman, this one though almost reminded me of my mother. She had long dark brown hair narrow features in addition to her lithe body.

"If we just saw Alex's father... that must mean..." I spoke aloud only to cut myself off when the woman's eyes shot open. "I know you're there." She said unmoving from her position. While her voice held some confidence it was out weighed by a tinge of fear. About to answer the woman I noticed the shadows shift out of the corner of my eye. Closing my mouth the shadows took an all to familiar sight.

Alex.

Dressed in some kind of rugged cargo pants, what looked like 3 different shirts, and a hooded trench coat with several belts and straps holding the getup together. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact we were in Alex's memories, I would hardly recognize him like this.

"I see time hasn't dulled your senses." Alex said breaking the silence. "Strages had a habit of appearing out of the blue. It always kept my sense sharp." She said almost angrily as she sat up. "Well I'm sorry to say he won't be appearing anymore." Alex spat as he reached into his coat. Taking out what looked like a lump of twisted metal stained red he hap hazardously tossed the metal onto her lap.

Remembering his fathers armour I quickly realized how that last memory ended.

Gingerly picking up the metal the woman slowly began smiling.

"He deserves no less." She said surprising us, Alex included. "Strages is not a man who goes down easy." She warned. "I didn't leave much left." Alex mumbled as he grabbed a chair from beside a dresser. "I hope it will be enough." She grimaced. "I take it your here to finish the job?" She said accepting her fate.

"Not yet." Alex answered as he sat beside her bed.

Not believing what I just heard I looked towards Akeno, who returned my look equally as shocked.

"You have a gun strapped to your night stand and a knife under your pillow. I expected you to defend yourself." Alex stated while cocking his head in confusion. "What's the point? Neither could hurt you even if I could and I was a handler, not an assassin." She said grinning. "I take it you've been keeping up with me than?" He asked. "You're extremely skilled in what you do I almost couldn't. But after I derived a pattern it became a little easier." She smiled. "I couldn't be more proud of your skills, though I wish you never fell into the assassin's life." She smiled weakly as tears began to well in her eyes.

"While I only found out the bare necessities to find you I expected you to be more like father." Alex said leaning back and crossing his arms. "I will never be like that cold hearted bastard." She spat. Causing Alex to tilt his head further. "Strages only cared about 2 things in life. Strength, and me. The former being much more important." She explained. "He never wanted a child and only permitted me to have one to serve his needs. Something I didn't know at the time..." She continued as she hung her head.

"After giving you up for our 'freedom' we split up not to long after." She continued. "I wanted nothing more than to march into that temple and take you back. But how could I? Condemn both of us to be eternally hunted? While it was a horrible life, it was the only way you'd be aloud to live." She said defeated. "But now look at you." She smiled. "Stronger than they ever were and truly free." She added.