Chapter 14 An Old 'Friend'

Waking up the next day I almost didn't want to get up. After what happened with Rias and Grayfia my mind was abuzz with questions.

Shortly after what happened Akeno came back and I had told her everything. While she was upset about Rias trying to sleep with me, she was also concerned about how desperate Rias has gotten. She also explained very little about the subject and kept telling me it would be better to hear it from Rias.

Wiping away the sleep from my eyes I noticed that I was in bed alone. Looking around I quickly noticed a small note on my nightstand. Upon picking it up I saw it was from Akeno.

Hey handsome.
Sorry I had to go, Rias called me and let's just say things have... gotten more complicated. Come to the Clubhouse around 2 sharp.
P.s You've been excused from classes today but I need you to cover a contract for me, details are on the other side.
Pp.s I will make it up to you~
XOXO Love Akeno.

Smiling slightly at the letter I took a photo of the details before disintegrating it in a flash of void fire. "Looks like we have time to kill before the contract, and the meeting."  Vierra stated. "So I do." I replied as I laid back down. "Can you wake me up about 20 minutes before the contract V?" I asked. "If you don't wake up I'm using my powers to dump you in a lake..." She muttered.

*2:12 PM*

"Just what kind of people summon Akeno..." I muttered to myself. While I had no expectations I was still surprised. In short I ended up being summoned by a middle aged woman, clearly well off if the bungalow she lived in was anything. After a small explanation about how I was covering for Akeno things started off normal.

Then the request part happened.

Apparently she had a major fetish about being watched while she did things. Not in a sexual or perverse kind of way either, just sat in the open on whatever piece of furniture I pleased. All I did, for an hour and a half, was sit and follow around this half naked woman as she did busy work around the house. Apparently I was also even better because of how good I was at 'smouldering', whatever the fuck the means.

But it now it was over.

Thank fuck.

But now came the meeting. The meeting I was already late too...

After opening a portal to the Clubhouse I was relieved to finally be back.

"So sorry I'm late, that was one of the weirdest contracts I have ever had." I apologized as I rose up from the floor. Being met with silence I turned around, only to see Issei on the floor with a blue haired girl wielding a staff standing over him. Turning further left I was their was a small crowd of women staring at me in addition to Asia, Kiba, and Koneko.

Royally confused now I was about to ask what was going on.

Only to freeze as I saw the man sitting beside (and boarderline molesting) Rias. The latter looking almost ecstatic to see me. "Ahh Alex glad you're here." She greeted as she stood abruptly. The look on her face told me she was relieved to finally get away from him.

That is... if I saw it. I was completely focused on the blond shitstain that was looking as smug as ever. Feeling my hands tremble in hardly contained fury I was about to go for his throat. The only thing stopping me was Rias standing between us and another powerful presence behind me. Without turning around I recognized it was the woman from last night, Grayfia.

"Riser, this is Alex my rook. Alex this is..." "Riser Phenex" I ground out through clenched teeth. "It's been too long." I added surprising everyone. "I doubt I remember who you are." Phenex chuckled as he checked his nails. "Oh how about..." I muttered taking a step forward only to be stopped by Rias putting her hand on my shoulder. Quickly shaking her head no in a pleading manner. Relenting I stepped back, though noticing an inkling of fear in Rias.