Trust Me

"One more show!" Meg cheered, bouncing on Lily's bed. "This has been such an amazing experience, at least for me! Here, Sofia, hold the comb, please."

Sofia reached behind and took the comb as Lily laughed at her friend's enthusiasm. "I suppose, but what was not an amazing was watching my friend get so nervous she was ready to be ill and having a severe fear of exactly that," Lily giggled. "Stop moving, or I'll mess up your hair! Brush please, Sofia!"

"You are really that scared of it?" Erik asked. "I don't think it's that bad. I mean, of course, it isn't pleasant, but I don't think I would be terrified by the thought." He was sitting on the couch, fiddling with his ring because he didn't have anything else to do.

Sofia laughed as well and said, "You should've seen the look on her face when I told her. She looked absolutely horrified!"

"It's not my fault," Lily grumbled. "I don't even know why I have this fear, I just do!" She shuddered.

Madame Giry chuckled and said, "Yes, I remember that time I thought you were going to faint!" Meg snickered softly at the thought and her mother continued, "That man had gotten sick right in front of us and you looked like you were about to do the same."

They all laughed about it for a little, not including Lily, who rolled her eyes and flicked Meg on the shoulder.

The five of them were all settled in Lily's room, despite it being smaller than Meg's. It was around 7:30 in the evening and they had an hour before the last show.

The three girls were all settled on the large, white bed, Lily doing Meg's hair and Meg doing Sofia's hair. Sofia was holding the comb, brush, and pins, and would hand it back whenever they needed it.

"You know, there isn't much of a point of having your hair done if you're going to take it out in an hour, right?" Erik asked, amused. "Also, why are there so little shows? Is it because the managers are lazy?"

Madame Giry nodded and rolled her eyes. "Yes, it is because the managers are too lazy to put on more shows, and let the girls have their fun!"

"Yes, let us have our fun," Sofia giggled. "Do we have anymore pastries from yesterday? Thank you for getting them, by the way."

Erik and Lily had gone out and bought many pastries the night before and had shared it with the others. The two of them had eaten a small dinner together after, then taken off as it had started to snow.

Lily finally answered the question that Sofia had asked. "It's over there," Lily said, flicking her head towards her table. "We don't have that much left, but if you want, there's a slice of lemon meringue pie, a slice of boston cream pie, and some other things. There's probably quite a few bonbons as well, if you'd like."

Sofia lit up and asked, "Can someone get me a bonbon, please?" Erik nodded and grabbed a chocolate covered sweet from a box and gave it to the young girl.

"Thank you!" Sofia chirped. "So, are you going to move in with Erik, Lily?" She took a bite of the sweet, seemingly not noticing the surprise she had created.

Lily nearly spit out the pins that were in her mouth, and Erik stared at the girl. "What makes you ask that?" he asked incredulously.

Meg giggled like a little girl as Sofia said, "You mean besides the fact that you both look utterly and completely in love with each other? I mean, every time Lily talks about you, her entire face lights up like the sun."

"You do the same thing, Erik," Madame Giry noted. "Whenever I talk about her, you completely change from a menacing phantom to a—"

Erik cut her off, blushing furiously. "Antoinette! Would you like me to tell the girls about you and Nadi—"