Catch the Moon

Hello, readers! How are you all doing? I hope that everyone has been enjoying my book so far, and if there's anything you'd like me to improve on, post a comment or send me a DM! Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

-randomwriter2007

Lily sent an alarmed look towards Erik, who shook his head towards her.

"Uh, what are you doing here?" Meg asked the couple, who were both soaking wet from the rain. "Can I...help you with anything?" Her blue eyes darted back and forth with panic.

"Oh, Meg!" Sorelli exclaimed, reaching out to hug her. "You're alright! We heard the news from France, and we were both so worried! What happened to you? Are you alright? Do you need to get back to France?"

Meg hesitated, then said, "Well, a lot has happened. May I go tell Maman that you're here? Excuse me a moment." She shut the door gently, then turned back to her friends. "What do I do?"

"You have to invite them in," Lily said, seemingly calm. "Do they know who I am?"

Slowly, Meg nodded. "I'm sorry, Lily, she asked for how things were and I told her that you were here," she began explaining, but Lily merely smiled patiently and held a hand out.

She said gently, "It's alright, dear. Then, let Maman know, and Erik, dearest, you'd best put on your mask." Lily made a face, clearly disliking the idea. "I'm sorry, but it's likely best to be safe than sorry."

"I know, ma chéri," Erik said, shrugging slightly. "I'll be back in a few moments, then."

Lily stood up and swept to the door gracefully, Scarlett still in her arms. She took a breath, then opened the door to face the couple.

"Oh!" Sorelli exclaimed. "Hello." Her green eyes scanned Lily's face carefully, and Lily watched as the other woman gasped.

"Hello," Lily greeted softly. "I'm Lily Destler. I've heard much about you from Meg." She looked over Sorelli, taking in her blonde hair, a few shades lighter than Meg's, and sharp blue eyes. In the same way, the former ballerina continued to examine Lily, clutching Philippe's arm so tighter, her hand turned white.

Lily turned her attention to Philippe. He had blonde hair as well, and Lily could clearly see the resemblance to Raoul. His eyes, which were wide as he took in Lily, were brown, and he wore a well made suit.

"I'm Philippe de Chagny," he introduced himself, once he was done examining Lily. "This is my wife, Sorelli. It's nice to meet you, Lily."

Lily nodded at him, giving a small smile, though her body was tense, ready to follow her instincts and flee. "Well, that's over with," she said. "Please, come in. Meg went to go tell Mam—Madame Giry that you're both here."

Sure enough, Meg came hurrying back with Antoinette with her. "Sorelli!" Antoinette exclaimed. "Goodness, look at you!"

"Madame Giry!" Sorelli squealed. "I've missed you! Why have you come here, and why didn't you go back to the opera house?" She embraced the older woman, clearly elated to see her once again.

"Slow down, Sorelli," Antoinette laughed, handing a towel to the young lady. "We'll explain everything in a moment. Hello, Comte de Chagny."

Philippe shook his head, smiling slightly. "Please, call me Philippe," he said. "It's nice to finally meet you, Madame Giry."

Nadir appeared from the kitchen, watching silently. He caught Lily's gaze, who was gently stroking Scarlett's hair. He made his way over to her, smiling gently.

Meanwhile, the newcomers were chattering with Antoinette, Meg, and Sofia, who were all excited to see each other.

Finally, they all calmed down. "So, what happened to you all?" Sorelli asked, clearly eager for answers. "Why did you leave France?"