Chapter 11 | Business casual

"I chose you Y/N"

I stepped back in shock, looking around.
"I- D-6." I stammered "it's not that simple. You can't just choose someone if they don't want to choose you. I'm sorry, but I don't want to."

D-6 large brown eyes gazed at me helplessly, as glanced back to the house they started well up with tears. Rain started pouring harder.
"D-6, we'll alwaysbe friends, but I don't that I, or you are ready for a relationship, we haven't been on Earth for more of a day. Give yourself sometime."
He nodded, but he wasn't happy about.

We headed inside and saw Amtheyst and Steven microwaving some popcorn, they both gasped when they saw that we were both soaked through with rain.
"Woah, dude. Have you been swimming" Amethyst joked, throwing popcorn her mouth.
I laughed, explaining that we had been caught in the rain. Sighing, Steven looked over to some cabinets.
"I have some spare clothes, I'll give you some"

I thanked him and sat next Amethyst on counter, hearing the rain drumming on the roof.
"Yo you want some" Amethst offered me some popcorn from a little bowl, which I accepted.

Me and Amethsyt sat in silence and watched the rain trickled down the window. Dark clouds now blanket the sky, thin beams of light parted the clouds and lit up little sections of the sea. I started to wonder where Yellow Pearl was, she was around early when we were having the pizza and she seemed to be fixated on the TV show. My wondering was cut off when I saw her leave the glowing door, Pearl by her side. She excitedly walked over to me and hugged me, surprising me.
"Yellow?" I blurted out, surprised. "You okay?"
She smiled and glanced over to Pearl, smiling.
"Yeah, Pearl was showing me some of her sword collection" Sitting next to me and scooting over for me, continuing. "She had this really cool cutlass, and some other really weird thing"
Pearl laughed a little, lookingover smugly.

"I knew you'd like it" she said, going over to light the fire. Steven and D-6 came back in now, D-6 was now wearing an old pair of Steven's jeans and an old t-shirt. We all gathered saround the fire as Steven and D-6 started to play a board game. Pearl started getting the fire to a grow, and Yellow and me sat next to each other and flicked through a fashion magazenine. As we skimed through the plastic pages, Yellow gave her opinion on each outfit and each model - critisicing their stances or mocking clothes she found ugly. We turned to one age where there was this cream outfit, a monochromatic three piece including a half vest, a jakcet adn a pair of flared trousers. I could tell she liked this one, her eyes lit up.

"You like this one? It's a bit buisness casual" I asked, looking at her apprehensively.

"Like it? I love it!"

~

The night drew late and eventually each gem had left to do their own thing, Amethyst going to sleep in her room, Steven eventually calling it a night and sitting the hay and D-6 falling asleep on the sofa hours before everyone else. I too eventually started to nodded off onto Yellow's shoulder as she continued to flick through the magazine. A soft glow of red lit up the room and warmed my feet, it was comfortably quiet. Stopping myself before I drifted off to sleep, I looked up at Yellow, her eyes wider and more enthusiatic than ever.
"Y/N, look at his dress!" she whispered, pointing at a wedding dress. "Isn't it pretty? It reminds me of white diamond". Too tired to process what was going on, I tiredly gazed at the page.
"It a wedding dress Yellow, you can't just buy a wedding dress."
She looked confused, folding the cornnnnnnnnnner of the page over.
"Why not?"
"Because it's a wedding dress" I explained, yawning. "You were them when you're having a wedding, it's a union between two people for a reason, usually because they're in love".

"Like us" Yellow added, making me blush "But why can't you just wear it?"
Sitiing up, streching. "I mean, you can. But it's supposed to be a special dress for a special occasion."

Yellow gazed at me, smiling softly.
"So when two people feel the same way about each other, they get married to show that they're really really in love?" She put her hand on mine. "Y/N, I don't know much about this planet yet, I've only been here for a day, I don't know much about relationships as I haven't really felt this close to anyone, but with you at my side, I think I'm begining to understand things more."

"I mean, there was Zircon" she continued, "And Blue's pearl, and a couple of other gems and of course - My Diamond, but this is different." Yellow put the book to the side and was know clutching my hands in hers. "You make me feel... excited? Excited to do things, do things with you"

She leaned in close, our eyes meeting. I blushed and leaned in too, our lips almost connecting before we were interupted by a louud crash outside. We both withdrew and bolted to the window, looking out to see Garnet standing infront of a large, horned monster.

A/N: Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for sticking through for so long with this story. I just wanted to know if you like the way this story is going and any suggestions for what you'd like to see :), also what time is best for me to upload the chapters? Thank you for reading!