seven

MADDIE'S POV

James left before I was barely awake on Saturday and I spent the whole day at home in my pajamas, alternating between Netflix and listening to music. I was extremely sluggish until I got a burst of energy around two in the afternoon and went on a little cleaning spree, tidying up the rooms and deep cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen while blasting music through the whole flat.

It was weirdly therapeutic, and having a clean house put me in a better mood. I ordered in my favorite local Thai restaurant and devoured my meal while watching Marvel movies. I slept so well that night.

Today is Sunday, and I'm meeting Greyson for lunch. I ended up calling him yesterday in the midst of my cleaning kick and asked if he was free and he was, so we made plans to meet up. I invited Eden to come as well, but she had already made plans with Bella.

So it's just Greyson and I, which I'm pretty happy about. We're lucky to live in the same city and close enough to each other to be able to get together, even if it's not as often as we'd like.

I moved to London first out of the three of us. Straight out of university, I moved to the city for my masters degree and the job opportunities it would bring. Greyson moved right when he finished high school. University was not for him, all he wanted to do was focus on his art, so he also moved to the city for the opportunities. We lived together for a long time, actually, until I moved in with James about a year and a half ago. Then, Eden moved for university three years ago.

Mum and dad still live in Holmes Chapel. I rarely ever go back there, only for Christmas typically. I've moved on from that part of my life, from that town. Too many memories run through those streets and going back there always makes them come rushing back and it's too much for me to handle. 

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by someone sliding into the booth in front of me, which I know is Greyson by the fiery red hair I can see in my peripheral.

"Hey." I move my gaze from the window to my brother as he slides his jacket off and places it beside him. We're seated in a corner booth of this little cafe, right up against the window giving us a perfect view of the street.

 We're seated in a corner booth of this little cafe, right up against the window giving us a perfect view of the street

"Long time no see."

"Well not that long. Only about two weeks, technically."

"Still too long. How've you been?" He asks, taking a sip of his water in front of him.

"Okay. You know, the usual."

"James still an ass, then?"

"Greyson-"

"Sorry, sorry. I had to. You know I hate the idiot."

So, none of my family likes James. Yeah, I know, it doesn't really help the relationship knowing there's no genuine support from my side of the family.