twenty seven

over 12k words of everything we've all been waiting for the show is about to begin

MADDIE'S POV

"Smile for the picture, goddammit."

"There are so many people here, I do not want all of the attention on me, Harry."

"Who cares? None of them are paying attention anyway. It will be quick."

"Whhyyyyy?"

"Your mother asked for pictures and the last thing I am going to do is disappoint Carolyn Cardwell."

I roll my eyes, trying to ignore the thirty plus people around us and go to stand next to the huge Greek-style column, one of many that adorns the entrance to the archaeological museum we've found ourselves at this early afternoon.

I'm enjoying myself, but most of me is very, very sad. It's our last day here.

It's gone by so fast, and I will admit with everything in me that I never want it to end. Sure, I'm excited to get back to work, but absolutely nothing will top how this trip has been. I'm not sure anything could've made it better, it's been abso-fucking-lutely perfect with six cherries on top.

Ever since Sunday, the day we went out on the boat and I almost died twice, we've just played it by ear and by what we were feeling. On Monday we woke up and didn't get out of the airbnb until about two o'clock, courtesy of our dreadful hangovers. We ended up getting food and stuffing our faces before walking around the shops a bit more, and we got matching t-shirts that scream tourist, and Harry also got a hat. I also got a keychain and a sticker that I'll slap on wherever I see fit. After that, we got even more food and spent the night watching movies.

Harry fell asleep with his head in my lap, and...uahesfalfheilufhelfhflkafaoiwehrsfd. Let's just say I just was so shaky and so thankful he couldn't see the all-consuming bright red blood rush that warmed my cheeks the entire night, even when I was asleep.

On Tuesday, after a lot of reluctance on my part to get back in the water, we went cliff jumping. I psyched myself out because of that stupid fish thing and the crab that scared the shit out of me on Sunday, so I pretty much clung to Harry the entire time out of fear that I would get pulled under by a hungry shark or something. I know I was probably being very irritating, literally hanging on to him like a monkey, but he didn't seem to mind. At all, actually.

It was worth it, though, because I got the best picture of him right before we went up to take our first jump. He was all giddy and had so much energy and just looked plain gorgeous in his blue and brown striped swim trunks.

After we exhausted that- unscathed, thankfully- we ate

After we exhausted that- unscathed, thankfully- we ate. What's new? Then we tried our hand at fishing, but I got bored after half an hour and neither of us had caught anything so we ditched that and went on a sunset boat ride. It was much shorter than Sunday's ride, there were no stops besides to anchor in the water and watch the sun go down and then we went back to shore. It was a much smaller boat as well, only about twenty people total, including us.