eleven

HARRY'S POV

Faint clanking in the kitchen wakes me up. My head is completely buried in the soft pillow and the blanket is pulled up as far as it can go without exposing my feet to the cold air. I'm not sure what time it is, but as I rub my eyes and get a glimpse of the sunshine through the window, I can tell it's late morning.

Everything from last night comes rushing back to me in less than a second when my brain fully activates. From the dinner of misery all the way to holding Lainey upright so she wouldn't fall asleep in the lift.

I check the time on my phone next to me- that's almost dead because I didn't charge it last night- and see that it's almost ten am. I feel no rush to get up since it's a Sunday and I'm quite warm and comfortable on the couch.

Although, the sleepiness continues to leave as the clanking in the kitchen continues. I'm assuming it's Lainey in there- at least I hope it's her and someone hasn't broken in- but I'm not sure what she could be doing exactly.

"Shit!" I hear her whisper-shout. I slowly sit up and stretch, my arms going above my head before I stand up and crack my back.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I make my way towards the kitchen to see what's going on.

"What's all this?" My eyes widen as a smile ghosts across my face at the sight before me.

The countertops are messy with kitchenware and different ingredients. Lainey stands in the clothes I gave her last night with traces of flour on the black shirt, her hair in a low, loose ponytail as stray pieces frame her face.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" She asks, grimacing.

"Yeah, but it's okay. What are you doing?"

"Making breakfast. Well, attempting to. I started making pancakes and then I was gonna actually cook them but I forgot the flour, so I'm trying to fix that right now." She rambles.

"How did you forget flou-"

"I have no idea." I chuckle at her annoyance with herself as she continues to whisk the batter. "Sorry for making a mess, I promise I'll clean it up."

"Please don't apologize," I say in seriousness, "your compensation is the breakfast you're making."

"Figured it was the least I could do since I kind of invaded your space and all. Plus I was starving when I woke up. So I decided to invade some more and open your fridge."

"You didn't invade. You're welcome anytime, you know." I throw a blueberry into the air and catch it in my mouth, breaking my gaze on her. "What?" I say when I look back at her and she's staring at me weirdly.

"Nothing."

"Weirdo."

"Hey!" She takes another blueberry and chucks it at my chest, but I catch it and eat it. "Rude."

"I'm only kidding."

I quickly leave her in the kitchen to grab my phone charger and change into a hoodie, as the air conditioning just kicked on in the flat. I also run into the bathroom to splash some water on my face and run a comb through my hair before rejoining her.

I can tell she's reaching the last of the batter as she cooks the pancakes on the stove, adding blueberries into about half of them. I go to the fridge and grab some butter and syrup, along with some extra fruit to chop up on the side. A full Sunday brunch, if you will.

"You don't have a headache, do you?" I ask her as I put on the kettle to make some tea.

"No, just a slight ache when I woke up but it went away a while ago. I slept well, thankfully."