thirty

MADDIE'S POV

If you would've told me four months ago that I would be in the position I am right now, I would've aggressively told you to fuck off and stop messing with my already fragile emotions. And then I probably would've cried.

But here we are.

It's been two weeks since Harry asked me to be his girlfriend.

In those two weeks we have been on a total of four dates, two planned by me and two by Harry. We decided to always alternate on who plans the dates from now on so it's fair and even; I planned the last one- which was two nights ago- which means Harry is next.

Only two weeks into our official relationship and it already feels like we've formed an unspoken routine that would normally take months to become accustomed to. It's probably this easy because we have in fact been attached at the hip for a couple months, so there's that. And, like, sleeping in the same bed. That too.

Although, Harry's date won't happen for a few days because we've got to take a trip home this weekend for Harry's mum's birthday. She requested all of us back together like old times and I could not be more excited.

There's one catch though- none of our families know that Harry and I are officially together.

The only people who we told are Addison, Zayn, Miles, and Mitch and Sarah. They all found out because it was unavoidable and of course we would've told them anyway. When I told Addison, she was completely unfazed. Like she knew it was coming and she wasn't surprised when I told her. She said, and I quote, "I give it six months and you're already planning your wedding."

Harry and I just felt like it would be super underwhelming to just slip into our families' text conversations with 'oh by the way we're boyfriend and girlfriend now lol' so we decided to tell them when we're all back in one place together. It should be easier that way, so everybody can scream at once and then we can calm them down. Yes, it has been hard to not slip up when I'm talking to Addison at the studio when Eden is also there but I knew it would be worth it to see everyone's reactions all at once.

The first time I saw my parents back at the office for my dad's therapy was exceedingly difficult as well because my mother grilled me about Greece and wanted a minute by minute breakdown of everything we did. We spoke for about thirty minutes before I convinced her to go upstairs so I could avoid the whole we-kissed-and-there-were-fireworks thing.

Getting back into work these past two weeks after the trip have been wonderful too. Everything is going great. Life is cruising at a rate that finally feels normal. Yes, I'm still in disbelief at how my life has come to this point so fast, but I'm taking what I can get for as long as I can.

There's just one, teeny tiny bump in the road. Maybe not teeny tiny. But I'm not sure at this point in time.

This morning, when I woke up, I had a text from James.

It was complete gibberish and I have no idea what he was trying to say, but he still texted me at three in the morning. I'm ninety nine percent- no, one hundred percent- sure that he was drunk off his ass and didn't know what he was doing, but he still did it. I'm trying to convince myself that he was fumbling with his phone or just sat on it weird and it accidentally texted me a bunch of letters.

I didn't tell Harry about it because after about ten minutes of trying to analyze it, I realized I was wasting time. I'm telling myself it's nothing. Unless it becomes something, then we have a problem. But I don't really see it becoming a problem.

Mostly because- after what? Almost two months? Is when I hear something from him. It's gibberish, but it's something. After two months of complete radio silence, no apologies, no explanations, like he dropped off the face of the earth.