thirty one

OKAY I NEED TO SAY SOMETHING !!!!!! RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!! the fact that like three days ago this fic wasn't even at 6k and now it's almost at 7k BAFFLES me like speed of it is INSANE TO ME

when i started this i was like eh maybe a couple people will read it if i'm lucky but NO y'all came THROUGH and i cannot believe it akdjwhshenfkfo

SO UM THANK YOU?!?!?!?!?!? like WHAT the fact the people actually like this story gajshejdjjed i cant

okay i'll shut tf up now but enjoy this chapter that's def filler but still cute (also it took me so long to write bc i could NOT get off my ass and write it for the life of me so sorry bout that)

okay YOU ARE SEXY! AND HOT! REMEMBER THAT! SAY IT EVERY TIME YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR OR ELSE!

love your very grateful author

HARRY'S POV

I've been awake for twenty minutes now but I haven't been able to move a single muscle.

It's kind of one of those situations when your pet falls asleep on your lap and the absolute last thing you ever dream of doing is moving so much as an inch and waking them up. Except in this situation, there's no tiny kitten on my lap or a shaggy puppy, it's my five foot six girlfriend.

I woke up with her literally laying on top of me, I'm talking chest to chest and face in my neck, legs sprawled out over mine and sheets completely messed up. I have no idea how she slept like this for who knows how long and how I didn't feel the pressure on my chest in my sleep, but here we are. I can't say it's not the first time this has happened, and I've even woken up on top of her before and panicked at how I must've been crushing her with my dead weight.

But I refuse to move. Even though my back is starting to ache just a tad, I won't do it. I'm killing time by trying to brush through the tangles in her hair with my fingers as gently as possible without pulling on her scalp and waking her up.

It's just past nine am, we have plenty of time before we need to be up and moving to make it to mum's birthday brunch. There's no rush, but I'm gonna have to pee sooner than later. I just want to let her sleep for as long as possible since she was up late last night.

The bed started to get cold when she was gone and I was subconsciously noticing it, which is why I woke up and found I was clutching a pillow instead of her. I waited a few minutes to see if she would come back but I eventually just went to look for her. When we got back in bed I wanted to stay awake until I knew she was asleep, and luckily for me it took no time at all and then we were both out cold.

Now we're here; I went through my phone, responded to a text from Mitch, did my once a month Instagram check, responded to an email for work about next week, etcetera.

I really hope she wakes up soon, I'm getting bored.

A barely audible knock at the door grabs my attention, and I pause and rest my hand on Lainey's back to see Eden poking her head into the room behind the door.

"Are you spying on us?" I joke in a soft voice so I don't wake up Sleeping Beauty.

"No, weirdo." She replies. "Mum asked me to see if you guys want tea or coffee, she's putting the kettle on." She leans against the threshold and crosses her arms.

"I'll take a black coffee, and she'll probably want an iced coffee. With oat milk, that's her favorite."

"I know." She smirks. "That's cute, you memorized how she takes her coffee. At least she doesn't take it black. Disgusting."