The Hog's Head

Even sitting in the grimy filth of the dingy little pub in the darkest corner of Hogsmeade, I can't supress my excitement. Nothing about this is fun, nothing about it is happy, it's survival. But it feels good knowing something is going to happen, and we might stand a chance.

I sit on one of the little stools, Harry next to me, while Hermione scolds Ron for wanting to try Firewhiskey, reminding him he's a prefect.

The first people to walk through the door are Neville, Lavender and Dean, closely followed by the Patil twins. As Cho Chang enters with one of her friends, I can see on Harry's face that his stomach did a back-flip. Luna floats in dreamily soon after that. Katie, Alicia and Angelina, the Gryffindor chasers, file in with the two Creevey brothers, Colin and Dennis. Ernie, Justin, Hannah and Allison then join us too, the first three looking nervous, but the last giving me a grin and a thumbs up.

With Allison is Anthony Goldstein from Ravenclaw, and I'm guessing this is who she was out with. She shifts uncomfortably, shooting glances at the door. Two more Ravenclaws, Michael and Terry, and then Ginny, who seems to be rather close to Michael.

I'm slightly dismayed to see Zacharias as the door opens, knowing he'll cause some kind of issue, but my mood lifts as Fred and George bring up the rear with Lee Jordan, all three sporting large paper bags from Zonkos.

"A couple of people?" Harry whispers hoarsely to Hermione, who waves him off.

While they all sort themselves out, I look around and notice Iris sitting alone in a corner, looking uncomfortable as people glare at her Slytherin crest.

Fred and George do a head count and once all thirty of us have Butterbeers in our hands, they all gather around the four of us and Hermione kicks it off.

"Erm... hi everyone."

She slowly gains more confidence as she explains what's happening while I give her an encouraging smile.

Everything is going relatively well, until she states the reason why this is necessary - he's back. The words send a ripple of a reaction across the group, Cho's friend spilling Butterbeer on herself with a shriek, Terry Boot giving an involuntary twitch, the Patil twins shuddering slightly, Neville almost choking. Still, they eagerly look to Harry.

Hermione continues, attempting to make an arrangement before Smith pipes up, wanting to know where the proof is. I scowl at him and he shrinks away slightly, but still giving Harry a challenging gaze.

The two's dialogue becomes more heated, Harry not wanting to talk about Cedric's death but Zacharias wanting the details.

However, Susan interrupts.

"Is it true that you can produce a patronus?"

"Yeah..." Harry replies.

"Blimey Harry!" Lee says, looking impressed, "I never knew that."

"Mum told us not to spread it around, said you got enough attention as it is." Fred grins.

"She's not wrong," Harry mumbles, bringing a few laughs forward.

People start to go through Harry's adventures from previous years, more and more tract growing in their enthusiasm.

"This was a really good idea." I whisper to Hermione, who smiles at me appreciatedly in response.

When Zacharias starts getting annoying again, the twins threaten him. Hermione quickly interrupts to save anyone from bodily harm, and times start to be discussed.