The Centaur and the Sneak

I have to resist the urge to laugh as I watch all the fifth year girls (and a few boys) who have Divination first period obsess over their hair and looks.

Even from the Hufflepuff table, I can Lavender curling her eyelashes over her hand and inspecting the result in the back of a spoon.

"You gonna fix your hair?" I tease Allison as I eat my cereal. She gives me a disgusted glance.

"I don't understand this. He has four legs Brinley. Four legs!"

I snort slightly, as she rolls her eyes, "Graceful."

Shrugging, I comment, "I just find it funny how Valerie's skirt seems to have shortened a good few inches."

Allison groans into her hands, "You've got to be kidding me. I have almost white hair, I'm Draco Malfoy, he does it, and people are spending twice as long in the shower. You know Hannah used my shampoo!"

"Ah, so that's what this is," I nod solemnly, "Jealousy."

"Give me a break." She rolls her eyes, though a smile tugs at her mouth.

"Whatever you say."

She turns to death glare me but I hurriedly turn my focus onto my cereal. I'm still very aware that she's rolling her eyes.

As tables start to switch around in the last twenty minutes left of breakfast, Iris, Will, Dylan, Noah and Ophelia come to sit with me and Allison, though she's in a heavy debate with Susan about chocolate frog cards.

"Hey guys." I smile at them, they smile back, but distractedly so, "You alright?"

"Yeah... yeah just some idiots." Noah says defensively, Ophelia looking worriedly over her shoulder at a snickering group of Slytherins.

"They said she'd be perfect for a half breed like Firenze, because she was a half blood so they could be bastards together." Dylan whispers, and although what I'd really like to do is shoot hexes at the group, I just nod and turn my attention away from them.

We start off talking about the new teacher, but Allison quickly cuts in to ask our opinions on her and Susan's debate about chocolate frog cards.

It's half way to a row very quickly.

"I'm sorry, you're insane if you think Dumbledore is the coolest card." I shake my head, disgusted.

"Thank you!" Allison makes an overexaggerated arm movement in my direction.

"Yeah, it's obviously Celestina Warbeck." Will scoffs.

Dylan turns to him in utter shock, "You did not just say that. I can't believe I called you my... friend. It's so obviously Garrick Ollivander."

"Ollivander!" I sputter, while Iris just watches us all in amusement, sipping her pumpkin juice.

"I'm sorry, where does your wand come from Miss High-almighty?" He rolls his eyes, waving his in the air.

"Stop that, you're going to hit someone." Ophelia rolls her eyes as she pulls his arm down, "And the coolest card is definitely Alberic Grunnion. He invented Dungbombs."

Noah smacks his forehead dramatically, "So the guy who made literal balls of stinking sewage wins this? Absolutely not, it's obviously Bertie Bott."

I roll my eyes, "Oh yeah, it's definitely the guy who blessed us with snot and earwax beans."

"It's Magenta Comstock, her name is the best." Allison defends, matter of factly.

"Because it's your favourite colour? No, it's Cliodna." I point to the magenta scrunchie on her wrist, and the magenta bobbypin in her hair.