Grawp

The story of Fred and George's inspiring flight of freedom is retold so often over the next few days that everyone can tell it'll become the stuff of Hogwarts legend, of course occasionally with some unrealistic readjustments.

It's led so far to some interesting phrases, like "One more lesson like that and I might just pull a Weasley".

Nobody was likely to forget them anytime soon, they'd made sure of that. For one thing, they have not left instructions on how to remove the swamp that now fills the corridor on the east wing fifth floor.

Umbridge and Filch have been observed trying multiple methods of removing it but without any success. Eventually, they rope the area off and Filch, gnashing his teeth furiously, is assigned the task of boating students across it to their classrooms.

I'm certain that teachers like McGonagall or Flitwick could remove the swamp in an instant but, just as it had been with the fireworks, they appear totally clueless.

Harry's Firebolt was relocated to the dungeons.

Now, with the twins gone, a number of students are vying for the newly vacant positions of Chief Troublemakers.

In spite of Umbridge's new door, someone manages to slip a hairy-snouted Niffler into her office, which promptly tore the place apart.

So many Stink Pellets are dropped over the next week that there are some corridors where students are moving around with the Bubble-Head Charm to provide fresh air. I've been teaching first year Hufflepuffs how to do so.

I dyed Umbridge's wardrobe black, which she unfortunately fixed after three days, but it was amusing for the time being. I also enchanted her door to insult her whenever she opens it, which she hasn't been able to resolve yet.

Filch has been prowling the corridors with a horsewhip in his hands, ready to catch miscreants, but the problem is that there are now so many of them that he never knows which way to turn. The Inquisitorial Squad attempts to help, but odd things keep happening to their members.

Warrington of the Slytherin Quidditch team reports to the Hospital Wing with skin looking like cornflakes, Pansy Parkinson missing a day of lessons as she sprouted antlers.

And what was defiantly known as Umbridge-itis pops up as everytime she enters her classroom, students start fainting, vomiting, or bleeding from both nostrils. Of course, they're just from Skiving Snackboxes, but she doesn't know that.

Four classes landed in detention before she gave up.

Nothing however, compares to Peeves, who's taken the twins parting words to heart, and has even turned to asking me for help getting in places.

He's been upturning tables, bursting out of blackboards, toppling statues and vases, shutting Mrs Norris in a suit of armour twice, smashing lanterns, knocking over stacks of parchment, and snuffing out candles.

Once he dumped a bag of tarantulas over Umbridge, the sight of which caused most of us to leap onto tables, and sent Ron screaming and running in the other direction.

Walking to a class with the trio, we saw Peeves trying to loosen a chandelier, and witnessed McGonagall whisper, "It unscrews the other way."

Montague still hasn't recovered from his stint in the toilet, meaning, to my glee, replacements were being trialed for on the Slytherin quidditch team.

Iris made Chaser.

Eventually Hermione and Ron discovered how the twins had come about the money to buy their shop.

The penultimate match of the season; Hufflepuff versus Slytherin. Previously, it would've been a simple match to win, but they came closer to winning this time than ever. Still, we pulled through and won narrowly.