Tweflth Victim: Kunimi Akira

ughhhhhh Kunimi's so angsty-
anyway, this chapter has to be one of my longest ones, and if it isn't then it's in the top 3 definitely. But i also had so much fun with him. Also, i put in my hc that they had a thing in their junior high days, and that they shared a kiss >//<

Sorry, this chapter took longer than I expected. I kinda lost motivation, but I'm back now no worries :)
and also, my spring break has finally arrived, so I'll try to update a lot this week :D

now, enjoy!!

•~•~•

He didn't like the King. Kunimi also didn't particularly hate Kageyama, but so much happened in such little time that it was hard for him to feel anything else or for any forgotten (read: hidden) feelings to suddenly come back...until they did.

Junior High. They met in Junior High, and Kunimi immediately fell for Kageyama. The Kageyama in Junior High was a pure and passionate person. And Kunimi felt drawn to the warmth the Kageyama excluded. Soon, they became friends (granted, Kunimi got Kindaichi's friendship first before he could Kageyama's but he would still trade anything just for the friendship they once had to come back). They spent all the time they had together. No one could separate them, and Kunimi wanted to keep things that way.

Kunimi wasn't blind to how he felt towards the middle child in their trio. It wasn't hard to notice after the amount of time Kunimi would stay awake just so he could listen to Kageyama babble on about volleyball. It was quite obvious with the amount of time that Kunimi sought out Kageyama. Kunimi knew that the exhilarating beating of his heart whenever the blue-eyed boy was around was because he was in love. And, during Junior High, so was Kageyama.

Somewhere between the days they would hang out, friendly touches and words suddenly had a deeper meaning in them, for both Kunimi and Kageyama. And Kunimi knew. He knew that somewhere between their friendship, they had both developed something deeper, and even though there was no label on it, it was there. Neither one of them really did anything on it, until Kunimi did.

Kunimi can still remember it clearly. That day, near the middle of their second year, will always be a day he cherished. Kindaichi had been called by the teacher that day, so it was only Kageyama and Kunimi having lunch on the roof of their school. Things had been peaceful. The clear blue sky, the warm sun shining, the rhythmic chirping of the birds, the comfortable lap of Kageyama that Kunimi laid his head on, and the soft hand threading through his hair. Things were so quiet and nice. And that was how Kunimi woke up from his nap. He woke up to Kageyama's beautiful face. He woke up to Kageyama peacefully smiling down at him while his crystalized eyes gleamed with fondness. He woke up to the sunlight hitting Kageyama's face softly, making him glow, like an angel. Kunimi woke up to the clear sky behind the beautiful boy in front of him, making it seem like it was only them in the whole world; like the whole world was just theirs. Kunimi doesn't know what made him act, but he did. Kunimi sat up, slowly, and their faces closed in together. Throughout it all, Kageyama could've stopped him, but he didn't. Kageyama only closed his eyes and blushed. And soon, chapped thin lips touched soft supple ones. It was a short kiss, yet it was so sweet that Kunimi could only fall deeper into Kageyama's warm and loving embrace. That was their first kiss, and the last.

Soon after that kiss, Kageyama changed. Soon after that kiss, Kunimi's heart broke. The Kageyama he had fallen for had suddenly disappeared, and with it, so did Kunimi's love. He should've asked why and should've reached out, he knows, but he was also too hurt. He was too immature to realize that the new Kageyama didn't change, he was just hurting, too. But Kunimi didn't know.

Kindaichi had suggested the name: "Tyrant King." Kunimi found no reason to object, since it was true (right?). Kunimi remembers seeing Kageyama's face when the name was first said aloud. He remembers the betrayal and pain on the setter's face, but that was what he deserved (right?), so Kunimi did nothing to stop it. If Kageyama was going to forget all the memories they shared together, all the time and love Kunimi willingly gave, then so would he.