Chapter Nine: Staten Island Ferry

Peter's POV

Once I got the information on Aaron Davis, I was able to track him in the garage of a grocery store. Right when he is putting groceries in the trunk of his car, I use my webs to make his hand stuck. He looks up and sees me. 

"Remember me?" I say, in my new voice. 

"Hey-" "I need information and you're gonna give it to me now." 

"Alright, chill." 

"Come on!" He stops looking scared and more confused. 

"What happened to your voice?" 

"What do you mean what happened to my voice?" 

"I heard you by the bridge, I know what a girl sounds like." 

"I'm not a girl! I'm a boy--I-I mean...I'm a man!" 

"I don't care what you are. A boy, a girl--" 

"I'm not a girl! I'm a man!" 

"Where's your other bug friend?" I realize this is the first I've thought about Gwen since we kissed. Can't worry about that now. 

"I don't know, just--Come on, man. Look, who is selling these weapons? I need to know. Give me names, or else." He looks up at me and slams the trunk of his car closed, causing me to jump. 

"You ain't never done this before, huh?" I sigh. 

"Deactivate Interrogation Mode." The guy chuckles and shakes his head. "Look, man." I start talking in my regular voice. "These guys are selling weapons that are crazy dangerous. They can't just be out on the streets! Look, if one of them can cut Delmar's Bodega in half--" 

"You know Delmar's?" 

"Yeah, best sandwich in Queens." He makes a face. 

"Sub Haven's pretty good." 

"Eh, too much bread." 

"I like bread." 

"Come on, man. Please." He stays quiet. "Stupid Interrogation Mode." I whisper under my breath as I walk away. "Karen, don't ever do that again." 

"The other night, you told that dude 'If you're gonna shoot someone, shoot me.'" I turn around. "That's pretty ballsy. I don't want those weapons in this neighborhood. I got a nephew that lives here." I sigh and walk back over. 

"Who are these guys? What can you tell me about the guy with the wings?" 

"Other than he's a psychopath dressed like a demon, nothing. I don't know who he is or where he is." I sigh and lay back on the car. "I do know where he's gonna be." I sit up quickly. 

"Really?" 

"Yeah. This crazy dude I used to work with, he's supposed to be doing a deal with him." 

"Yes! Yes!" I start walking away. 

"Hey, hey, hey!" I turn around. "I didn't tell you where. You don't have a location." Idiot

"Right. Of course. My bad. Silly." I say, walking over to him. "Where is it?" 

"Can I give you some advice?" 

"Hm?" I tilt my head. 

"You gotta get better at this part of the job." 

"I don't understand." I straighten up. "I'm intimidating." 

"Staten Island Ferry, 11." 

"Oh, that's soon." I start to walk away. "Hey, that's gonna dissolve in two hours.