Chapter Nineteen: Boh

Peter's POV

Once we get off the plane, I spot Ned and walk over to him.

"Hey, man. Did you see Brad and Gwen on the plane? They were watching movies and laughing the entire time."

"Dude, don't worry, okay? I'm sure it's nothing." Maya walks up to us.

"Hey, babe, can you hold this for me, please?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thanks." Maya walks away and my eyes go wide.

"What was that?"

"Well, we actually got to talking on the plane, and it turns out we have a lot in common. So, uh, we're boyfriend-girlfriend now." My eyes squint in confusion.

"Whatever happened to being an American bachelor in Europe?"

"Peter... those were the words of a boy. That boy met a woman. A very strong and powerful woman. And now, that boy's a man." He puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Babe?"

"Coming, babe." Ned runs off towards Maya.

"Wh--"

"I know, right?" I turn and see Gwen. "She passed me a note on the plane the second it became 'official'." She puts air quotes around 'official'. I chuckle. "So, how are your, uh...allergies?"

"Oh! Uh...better. Thanks..." She smiles.

"See you after customs." She walks towards security, her giant suitcase dragging behind her. I was taken away from the group into a private searching area. A stern-looking woman places my suitcase on a table, and unzips it.

"There's nothing in there, I swear." The case is opened and reveals my Spider-Man suit. There's a yellow sticky-note taped to it saying 'You almost forgot this — May XX'. The woman picks up the banana placed next to it.

"This, no." Oh, thank god.

"Sorry." I rush back to the group. "I'm here! Mr. Harrington! I'm here, I'm here!"

"Wait, wait, wait, Peter's here. Thank goodness."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gwen's POV

We all get on the boat leading to the hotel

We all get on the boat leading to the hotel. I sit up towards the front and I keep trying to look at Peter without it being too obvious. Maya leans in.

"This is so funny to watch." I look at her.

"What is?"

"You and Peter looking at each other when the other isn't looking." My eyes go wide.