Chapter Sixteen: I Didn't Wanna Grow Up Without You

Gwen's POV

"Do we know if she had family?" Dad says, standing next to me. 

"Yeah

"Yeah. Us." I say, putting my head down. 

"What?" Thor says standing up and walking up to Dad. 

"I just asked him a question--" 

"Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right?" 

"Hey--" 

 "As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together." 

"We can't get her back." I close my eyes in pain. 

"Wha--What?" 

"It can't be undone." Thor laughs dryly. 

"I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And 'can't' seems very definitive don't you think?" Clint turns to Thor. 

"Yeah, look, I know I'm outside of my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?" 

"No, that's my point--" 

"It can't be undone." He sighs. "Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? Go grab your hammer, and you go fly and talk to him!" I sigh. "It was supposed to by me." Tears start to stream down my face. "She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it." In a burst of anger, Bruce grabs a bench and hurls it clear across the lake. His anger spent, he turns to us with a resigned look on his face. 

"She's not coming back." My lip quivers. "We have to make it worth it. We have to." 

"We will."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gwen's POV

My dad follows me as I walk into my room at Stark Tower. 

"We gotta get this gauntlet ready. Not much time." I nod. 

"Do you think I could have a minute?" He nods and smiles, walking out and closing the door behind him. I place my hand on the handprint for my closet. It beeps and the keypad opens the options of the different sections of my closet. I press 'Music Room' and my closet makes a noise, opening the door to my music room. I walk inside and memories flow through me, all of me spending hours writing songs. Songs about Peter. My heart hurts a bit just to think about him. I sit down at the piano and see my sheet music from the last song I worked on. I can't believe I haven't written a single song since... I get the urge to play the piano, so I relax in my seat and start to play the chords from the sheet music.