Chapter Twelve: Flying Donut

Gwen's POV

The ride's pretty mellow until Peter starts moving next to me as we're about to drive over the bridge. I ignore him and keep reading. Peter starts tapping me. I nudge him away but he taps me again. 

"Stop." I nudge him away again but he starts shaking my arm. I finally look at him. "What! I'm reading!" 

"Look!" He points out the window and there's a circle shaped ship in the sky and people screaming down below. 

"Holy shit." I keep looking out the window as Peter reaches over me and taps Ned. 

"I need you guys to cause a distraction." 

"We're all gonna die!" Ned yells out and everyone runs to the back of the bus to look outside. 

"We gotta get out of here." Peter says, grabbing his backpack. 

"Shit! I don't have my webs." 

"You got your mask?" I nod. "Well, I guess I'm flying us both there." We put our masks and backpacks on as Peter uses his webs to open the window of the bus. We crawl out of it as Peter grabs onto my waist and we start heading towards the giant circle. After a few minutes we stop at an alley a few blocks away from the chaos. "Okay, we gotta get into our suits." I nod and take my backpack off to grab my suit. "Hey, what happened to your charm bracelet gimmick?" 

"Oh, Dad took it away. Since you know about me, I don't need to change into it quickly for any reason. But mainly it was because it makes it harder for me to sneak out with the suit." Peter chuckles. 

"Okay you turn that way and I turn this way." He points at opposite sides of the alley and I nod. I start to undress. 

"This whole thing has my dad's name written all over it." 

"Well, yeah. He's an Avenger." 

"I'm starting to get worried." 

"Why?" I slip my suit on. 

"We don't have the other Avengers." Peter sighs. "Thor and Bruce are out in space and Steve, Nat, Wanda, Sam, Vision. I don't even know where they are." I put my hood on and turn around to see Peter still in his underwear, about to put his suit on. I make a noise and slap my hands over my eyes. 

"Oh!" I hear Peter say. 

"Just...lemme know when you're done." I can't stop myself from peeking through my hands and seeing him shirtless. God, it's like he's airbrushed. I cover my eyes again. 

"So...you really don't remember anything from last night?" 

"No. Peter, seriously, what did I do?" 

"Nothing! Really." 

"Okay, then stop asking cause you're freaking me out." He sighs. 

"Okay, done." He says after a few seconds. I open my eyes and see him in his suit. "Okay, let's swing down a few blocks to where the noise was." We walk to the end of the alley. 

 "Wait, Peter!" I point to a park area a few blocks down in the other direction. "I think that's Bruce!" He nods and before I know it, he gets a hold of me and we're flying through the air. "Dad's here, too!" I say pointing at him fighting a giant monster. 

"Oh, shit." He sets me down and runs over to them. He stops the giant monster from punching Dad. "Hey, man." He says and I roll my eyes. "What's up, Mr. Stark?" 

"Kid, where'd you come from?" 

"A field trip to MoMA!" But as Peter's talking, the monster grabs him and throws him towards the fountain.