Chapter 27

"You know you can't tease me like this anymore right ? " Rysand said amused as we entered our suite.

"Oh yeah ? And why's that ?" I asked acting innocently oblivious as he pulled me close.

"Because you're mine now , forever and always . "

"Well that doesn't sound too bad to me , does it ?" I entertained as I watched him sport the biggest most broadest smile I've ever seen him with , before he placed a quick kiss to my lips saying; "It's not a bad thing at all." before letting me go , watching him confused as he sat down taking his shoes off.

"What was that ?" I asked walking closer.

"What was what ?" He asked playing the oblivious card almost as well as I did.

"I see what you're doing and it's not going to work." I answered placing my hands on my hips as I continued to watch him place his suit jacket to the side.

"I'm not doing anything."

"Really ? So you're not trying to get me back for teasing you at the wedding?" I asked with a raised brow as he didn't even bother to look at me as he continued placing his belongings into a neat pile on the chair.

"What ? Of course not. That would be extremely childish and silly of me to do."

"But it's not absurd right ?" I asked teasingly walking up close to him , placing my arms behind his neck as I watched him try really hard to keep up this whole ' I'm not doing anything' charade. "So if you're not doing anything, you won't mind if I did this ?" I asked playfully , placing a peck to the nape of his neck.

"n-no." He answered through a shudder -before hearing how that sounded - , clearing his throat and trying again saying it with more confidence this time.

"Alright, and how about this ?" I asked moving the peck to behind his ear as I could tell he was trying really hard to keep sounding confident in his 'act' "No ? Okay , then I guess I won't do this then." And the moment I wanted to place my kiss to his cheek , he turned his head and met my lips in one swift movement making me smile.

Pulling back he said with clear amusement underlying his tone ; "Now don't you dare tease me like that again."

*******

The honeymoon was quick and short lived but I didn't mind it. I knew Rysand had duties to attend to back home and I couldn't bare to leave Evander for another day. I knew he was in safe hands with Darla and Opal but...a mother's love is something you can't quite explain to another person unless they've experienced it too.

"It's good to be home." I said relieved as I handed my bags over to one of the palace staff ,something I guess I'll have to get used to now.

"Home , I like the sound of that." Rysand said with a big smile , placing a kiss to the top of my head before going to his office to start with his pile of work. I guess everything around here seemed to be moving at a very fast pace and so far... I don't seem to mind it.

"Welcome back Miss Avalon." Darla said kindly as I placed my handbag on Evander's nightstand watching him take small breaths as he slept.

"Thank you Darla , but you do know you can just call me Avalon right ? I mean , we're friends aren't we ?" I asked with a smile seeing her's growing shy.

"Of course. " She said bowing her head to me -I guess in form of respect- as she added "I'll keep that in mind next time."

"How was he ?" I asked longingly looking back to him , watching his little hand grip around his blanket.