Chapter 32

"The prince is growing nicely, putting on some good weight. I think he's in perfect health." The doctor said as I gave a trying smile. "We'll have you back her in about 2 months for the 1 year check up."

"Uh huh, I uh... sounds good."

"Are you alright? You don't look very good. " Casey asked putting her clipboard down.

"Just a little tired. Evander's teething so I was up with him all night." I said mustering a smile.

"Best we check you out just in case."

"That's really not necessary. " I tried to convince but of course both Casey and the doctor insisted on it. "There's really nothing to worry about, I'm fine." I tried again as Casey just arched her brow as if daring me to challenge her on this. I know in a lot of ways I was the one in charge here, that both the doctor and Casey had to follow my orders. But I also wasn't the type of person to overrule someone who clearly knew better than I did with these type of things, and besides it would only take 5 minutes. So what is 5 minutes really in my day ?

"You were right, you're in tip top condition." Casey said helping me back up as I watched her hand the clipboard over to the physician.

"See, I told you there was nothing to worry about." I said through a laugh picking Evander back up.

"And I should've listened. My mistake."

"Don't worry about it Case, it's nice to see you care that much about me. So let's get back to the most important part, when did you say I needed to be back here ?" I asked taking my planner out of my bag to write it down.

"Two weeks."

"I don't understand? Didn't you say two months ?" I asked confused as I watch her give a shy -almost embarrassed - smile.

"yes, the prince needs to be back here in two months just before his birthday. But you need to be back here in two weeks queen Avalon."

"Wait , I'm confused. I thought you said there was nothing wrong ?"

"Oh there isn't . Infact I think everything is right." She said making me even more confused than I previously were.

"Oh for heavens sake Casey, you're pregnant queen Avalon." Doctor Nash blurted out as I was suddenly feeling a little light headed all over again.

"Wait, what ? How could I....I mean it's not... I uh..."

"I think you should call the king now Casey." I heard Doctor Nash whisper while I felt like I was drowning and couldn't breathe. I mean sure I was happy but... this wasn't a part of the plan. At all. I wanted to wait a couple of years before having another kid, enjoy my time with Evander. He's not even one year old yet ! Taking the glass of water from Doctor Nash , I hear a knock sounding before Rysand came walking in.

"Is everything alright ? Casey said it was important , I was in the middle of a meeting with the Swiss governor. " Rysand said confused as I could barely look up at him never mind muster any sensible words.

"The governors can wait. " Doctor Nash said making Rysand almost seem as confused as I was .

"Is Evander alright ?" Rysand asked looking over at Evander gnawing on a wooden block.

"The prince is fine. Infact this is concerning the queen." And as he said that I lift my head meeting Rysand's concerned gaze but no words were coming out of my mouth.

"Queen Avalon ? Did you...want me to give the news ?" Doctor Nash asked carefully as I just slowly turned my head towards Rysand , closed my eyes and said; "I'm pregnant." At first I didn't hear anything but then, Rysand soon picked me up and engulfed me in a hug as I opened my eyes seeing we were the only ones left in the room. He was really happy, ecstatic even that much anyone could tell .

"This is the best news I've heard all day !" Rysand exclaimed putting me back down on my feet as I tried my best to match his enthusiasm but I guess he knew me too well because he saw right through my façade. "What's wrong my love ? Aren't you happy ?" he asked , taking my hand and leading me to the couch and sitting down.

"It's not that... I mean of course I'm happy it's always been the plan to have a big family right ?" I asked to which he nod his head allowing me to continue "It's just... I didn't think it would happen this soon that's all. I thought we would have a couple more years with Evander before having another child."

Taking my hand -and rubbing small circles with his thumb- I heard Rysand give out a small sigh before saying; "I know this might've not been a part of the plan and it all seems a little sudden but, this could be a good thing. I mean think of it this way, we've always said we wanted 4 children, so think of this as another child closer to that. I for one think Evander will be an excellent big brother and that he and this baby will grow up to be best friends. You have to look for the positives in this my love, don't fixate on the negative. A child is a blessing and an immense joy and there's not a doubt in my mind that you will once again be an outstanding mother to this one too."

After he had finished talking , I couldn't even argue with him because what he said was true. These past 10 months I've been Evander's mother has really changed my view of what it means to be a mother and... that I actually enjoy motherhood. I mean sure this baby wasn't exactly planned but then again, neither was falling in love with a king and I've never been happier. So come high or low water , I was going to be happy and I was going to keep moving forward because it was the little unexpected moments in life that made it worth living .

that's it my lovelies ! I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for reading, remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time, keep howling my wolves. ❤🐺