Chapter 6

I tossed and turned the entire night. It was almost as if his child  could feel my inner turmoil from within me , and was determined  to make my life a living hell. I couldn't sleep a wink  and if that wasn't enough to satisfy this little monster ; I haven't been able to keep a single thing down since last night. I was tired, dehydrated and above all else , miserable.

"Yikes , what happend to you ?" Rysand asked concerned while helping me to my seat.

"Oh nothing, just your wretched child taking revenge on your behalf from within me. " I said painfully annoyed, biting down as a wave of nausea subsided.

"Oh,uh... I'm terribly sorry Avalon. What can I do to make it better?"

"Just...nothing. There's nothing you can do. I'll be fine, don't even worry about it. Shall we eat ?" I asked admitting defeat. This was going to be yet another argument going nowhere, and I wasn't up for it quite yet. I watched his eyes bounce between mine before he stood up from his seat and kneeled down infront of me. "What are you doing ? Get up." I instructed while he briefly looked up at me before placing his hands at both sides of my belly.

"Now you listen to me ,don't be giving her a hard time. She didn't mean any of it. So be good to her please. For me ?" He said as he smiled looking up at me as my entire face displayed a look of shock , as I felt my appetite return again.

"You... didn't have to do that." I said watching him reach for a bagel with a humble smile saying; "I know. I wanted to. I... hope you'll have a better day today."

I had no words. I was at a total loss. Why was this man being so kind to me ? A complete and utter stranger. Someone who doesn't even have any real value or a reason to ever receive ANY of this...

"Thank you..." I said still in awe - while I watched him rigorously apply strawberry jam to his bagel - as he slowly looked up at me staring saying ; "You're very welcome " before going back to his breakfast. After that, I kept to myself and didn't say another word. It was like his kind gesture not only calmed down the little monster inside me but ... gave me a sense of tranquility too.

"I'm heading into town later for a meeting , if you want... we can swing by the beach maybe? I just thought a change of scenery would be nice ?" He suggested , wiping his hands on a napkin while he stood to his feet.

"Wow , uh... sure ! I'd love that . But I don't think I have a bathing suit that would fit though. " I admitted a little embarrassed while he gave a quiet laugh saying; " don't worry , I'll figure something out " before he left again. Our conversations seemed to have grown quieter and flow less easily the more time we spent together. A part of me believes it could've been my fault for denying his affection towards me , but the much bigger part of me also SEES the effort he's putting in to make my stay here as comfortable as possible.

"We can't stay long , I have to be home by 7 for another meeting so I hope this does the trick ." He said flashing a smile while I layed down on the towl.

"Oh , don't even worry about it. This is more than fine." I admitted grateful watching him sit down next to me and push his sunglasses down.

I listened to the waves crash against the shore while the sun bared down on my -barely noticeable - protruding belly. 

"This is nice you know ."

"What is ?" I asked facing him as he turned towards me.

"This. Being here. Being away from everyone and everything. I know it might not seem like it because I'm always busy but I... actually treasure my time alone." He admitted as I couldn't help but smile. "What?" He asked with a curious grin.

"Nothing . Just... you're saying you enjoy being alone but... when this baby is born there isn't going to be much of that anymore. "

"True , but that's what makes this moment more sweeter." He confessed with a charming smile before laying back down . "You know what ?" he asked -sitting up again- as I slid my sunglasses down.

"What ?"

"We're at the beach. We shouldn't be lying around like two retired grandparents with five children at home. We should enjoy it ! " he said mockingly making me laugh.

"Alright. What do you propose we do ?"

"Go into the water, obviously. " he stated matter of factly as I watched him throw his dress shirt to the side revealing a row of abs situated on his perfect abdomen. I tried my best to compose myself and shield my eyes , but there's only so much I could do.

"Are you coming or what?" He asked oblivious to my drooling state as I nod my head like a complete imbecile before following closely behind him. I never thought someone as high and mighty like a king would be found dead having a ball at the beach in the water but somehow... Rysand made it seem like the most normal thing underneath the sun. He tried catching a wave , but that only resulted in him getting flipped off his board more time than I could care to count. It was rather funny to watch though , and by the time the sky grew crimson I knew we would be in trouble for having missed his very important meeting at home.

"I'm so sorry king Rysand , I wasn't aware of the time." I apologized frantically while grabbing my things .

"Don't worry about it . I'll... figure something out, besides we had fun and that's all that matters right?" I could tell he was trying really hard to put on a brave and unfazed front but deep down... I think he was just as panicked as I was.

As we neared the palace I could see his hand anxiously tapping against his leg , and when I saw the reason behind his worried state , mine started doing the same.

That's it ! Hope you enjoyed it 😊 thank you so much for reading. Remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time keep howling my wolves ❤🐺