late night panic

Leo honestly wasn't planning on spending all night in the tunnels under Cabin Nine, but when Annabeth came to the Hephaestus cabin covered in glitter and silly string holding the remains of a glitter filled golden computer asking if he could fix it, he couldn't say no. So fast forward thirteen hours and here he is, alone and exhausted.

Closing his eyes and leaning back into the wooden chair he sighs. His eyes stinging from the staring. Trying to blink away any suggestions of relaxation from his mind, the thought bring flashes of the night terrors he'd have quickly turning his body ridged and alert.

Turning his attention back to the glitter filled computer he takes a deep breath realizing trying to fixate on something he can't process isn't going to help him fix it. He needs to do something else for a bit.

Getting up and heading further into the tunnel he huffs at the dead end is a makeshift bed. He needs sleep whether he likes it or not. At least Down here no one can hear him screaming and he won't hurt anyone else in the process.

Sighing he kicks off his boots, taking a moment he turns his wrists, running his fingers over the multiple white scars running up and down his arms like harsh reminders of the past, a few being suicide attempts, key word being 'attempts'. Sucking in a harsh gasp of air like something had just knocked the air out of his lungs he harshly pulls the sleeves of his stained white button up shirt down as if trying to cover his entire life with it.

Screwing his eyes shut he whispers to himself repeatedly "I'm safe, I'm safe.." trying to convince himself of it, yet the building panic in his cracking voice says otherwise. He feels his throat closing, like someone's tightening a belt around it. He realize too late that he'd stopped breathing, his eyes roll into the back of his skull as he passes out.

______________________

(A/N, sorry but if your reading this, then I'm sorry about the shitty grammar, spelling and all of the angst.)